International Water Treaties: Canada and the US
Sometime ago, a member of NiCHE (was it Jennifer Bonnell?) wondered aloud whether the Water History project might compile an index of international water treaties affecting Canada. A great idea and a useful resource, I thought.
It turns out, some American colleagues have already done all of the heavy lifting. Have a look at the University of Oregon’s Program in Water Conflict Management and Transformation’s site which contains a comprehensive listing of treaties dealing with transboundary water between Canada and the United States:
- University of Oregon’s Program in Water Conflict Management and Transformation
- Transboundary Freshwater Dispute Database
Web Resources on Rivers and Public History
In conjunction with the Confluences Workshop, Jonathan Peyton, a PhD Student in the Department of Geography at UBC has compiled a great set of web resources relating to rivers and public history.
We have created this collection of web resources to allow participants in the Confluences workshop to engage further with public history endeavours which consider the place of rivers in our communities, memories and identities [Click here to read more…]
Latest posts by Adam Crymble (see all)
- appel de textes: le militantisme environnemental au Québec - February 15, 2013
- On Wonder, Museums, and Flickr - February 12, 2013
- Quelques Arpents de Neige 2012 - December 6, 2012