The Network in Canadian History & Environment / Nouvelle initiative canadienne en histoire de l’environnement is seeking new editorial/executive committee members. We welcome expressions of interest from anyone active in the academic study of environmental history and historical geography, including those in related fields and professional areas.
NiCHE is a Canadian-based, volunteer-run, not-for-profit organization of researchers and educators who work at the intersection of nature and history. We explore the historical context of environmental matters and communicate our findings to researchers, policymakers, and the public.
Our main platform for communicating our work is this website, where we publish a blog, book reviews, news & announcements, a monthly newsletter, a podcast, videos, a peer-reviewed journal, teaching/research resources, research project websites, and more. We also do other things such as host an annual summer school (and we will again, promise!), adjudicate an annual book/article prize, and coordinate a network for graduate students. It’s a lot, and it’s a lot of fun.
We do all this with the support of the broader NiCHE community and through the time, effort, and energy of our volunteer editorial/executive committee. (Get to know them here!)
If you think you would like to put some time, effort, and energy into helping make great things at NiCHE by joining our editorial/executive board, please fill out this form and let us know by September 1, 2021:
Featured image: Cover of the 1950 Annual Report of the BC Forest Service.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- The Riley Postdoctoral Fellowship - September 10, 2021
- Call for Papers for Topical Collection: Environment and the Life Sciences - September 10, 2021
- Storytime for the Apocalypse with NiCHE – The Audio - August 25, 2021
- The Pandemic Histories Website is Live! - August 18, 2021
- The Environmental Context of (Settler) Colonialism in Canada - August 5, 2021
- Editors Wanted - July 28, 2021
- “Environments of Exile: Refugees, Nature, and Representations” Program - July 26, 2021
- STREAMS Conference Programme Now Available! - July 21, 2021
- The Environmental Context of Residential Schools - July 9, 2021
- Best Article in Canadian Environmental History Prize: The 2021 Winner! - June 18, 2021