Foodscapes of Plenty and Want: Historical Perspectives on Food, Health and the Environment in Canada – Paysages d’abondance et de manque: Perspectives historiques sur la nourriture, la santé et l’environnement au Canada – is a scholarly workshop being held at the University of Guelph between June 23 and 25, 2013. The focus of the workshop is to bring together Canadian scholars working on research projects that examine the historical relationship between food history and the history of health, medicine and the environment. The goal is that papers from the workshop will be published in a special issue of the Canadian Bulletin of Medical History (CBMH) in 2014.
Registration is FREE. Please let us know if you’d like to attend by emailing email@example.com.
For more information see the Foodscapes website http://foodscapescanada.wordpress.com/
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Introducing Papers in Canadian History and Environment - February 14, 2018
- Thinking Mountains 2018 CFP - January 6, 2018
- Top Five Posts of 2017 - January 3, 2018
- Contributors Welcome - September 29, 2017
- Applicants Sought for Editor of Environmental History - September 18, 2017
- Refresh: A New Look for NiCHE - September 11, 2017
- CHESS 2017 Keynote Address: Bonnie Devine, “Claims, Names, and Allegories” - May 23, 2017
- Day of Canadian Environmental History at CHA 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Chicago: The Conference - April 7, 2017
- Canadian Environmental History at ASEH 2017 - March 29, 2017