Foodscapes of Plenty and Want: Historical Perspectives on Food, Health and the Environment in Canada – Paysages d’abondance et de manque: Perspectives historiques sur la nourriture, la santé et l’environnement au Canada – is a scholarly workshop being held at the University of Guelph between June 23 and 25, 2013. The focus of the workshop is to bring together Canadian scholars working on research projects that examine the historical relationship between food history and the history of health, medicine and the environment. The goal is that papers from the workshop will be published in a special issue of the Canadian Bulletin of Medical History (CBMH) in 2014.
Registration is FREE. Please let us know if you’d like to attend by emailing email@example.com.
For more information see the Foodscapes website http://foodscapescanada.wordpress.com/
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Job – Curator, History, The Royal BC Museum (RBCM) - December 7, 2023
- Thank You To Our Supporters! - December 4, 2023
- Call for Applicants – Lillian Agnes Jones Scholarship - December 4, 2023
- Online Event – Animal Welfare Movement in Estonia Before World War II - December 1, 2023
- Job – Assistant Professor, Environmental History, University of Northern British Columbia - December 1, 2023
- Bingeable Series: NiCHE Compilations of Otter Posts - November 27, 2023
- The next $6,600 in donations will be matched! Double the impact of your support for NiCHE. - November 16, 2023
- Hybrid Event – Green Development or Greenwashing? Environmental Histories of Finland - November 15, 2023
- Announcing the NiCHE Merchandise Store! - November 10, 2023
- Job – Postdoctoral Researcher: Roosevelt Institute for American Studies - November 10, 2023