Foodscapes of Plenty and Want: Historical Perspectives on Food, Health and the Environment in Canada – Paysages d’abondance et de manque: Perspectives historiques sur la nourriture, la santé et l’environnement au Canada – is a scholarly workshop being held at the University of Guelph between June 23 and 25, 2013. The focus of the workshop is to bring together Canadian scholars working on research projects that examine the historical relationship between food history and the history of health, medicine and the environment. The goal is that papers from the workshop will be published in a special issue of the Canadian Bulletin of Medical History (CBMH) in 2014.
Registration is FREE. Please let us know if you’d like to attend by emailing email@example.com.
For more information see the Foodscapes website http://foodscapescanada.wordpress.com/
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Call for Papers: History of NASA and the Environment Symposium - October 22, 2021
- The Riley Postdoctoral Fellowship - September 10, 2021
- Call for Papers for Topical Collection: Environment and the Life Sciences - September 10, 2021
- Storytime for the Apocalypse with NiCHE – The Audio - August 25, 2021
- The Pandemic Histories Website is Live! - August 18, 2021
- The Environmental Context of (Settler) Colonialism in Canada - August 5, 2021
- Editors Wanted - July 28, 2021
- “Environments of Exile: Refugees, Nature, and Representations” Program - July 26, 2021
- STREAMS Conference Programme Now Available! - July 21, 2021
- The Environmental Context of Residential Schools - July 9, 2021