Foodscapes of Plenty and Want: Historical Perspectives on Food, Health and the Environment in Canada – Paysages d’abondance et de manque: Perspectives historiques sur la nourriture, la santé et l’environnement au Canada – is a scholarly workshop being held at the University of Guelph between June 23 and 25, 2013. The focus of the workshop is to bring together Canadian scholars working on research projects that examine the historical relationship between food history and the history of health, medicine and the environment. The goal is that papers from the workshop will be published in a special issue of the Canadian Bulletin of Medical History (CBMH) in 2014.
Registration is FREE. Please let us know if you’d like to attend by emailing email@example.com.
For more information see the Foodscapes website http://foodscapescanada.wordpress.com/
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Transforming Brown to Green: Environmental Organizing in Toronto in the 1970s - January 11, 2021
- 2020 Year In Review - December 22, 2020
- The NiCHE Wikipedia Page Needs an Update! - November 20, 2020
- Subscribe to the New Monthly NiCHE Newsletter! - November 12, 2020
- 2021 NiCHE Prize Announcement - September 16, 2020
- CFP: Discard Studies Twitter Conference - September 10, 2020
- CFP – Environments of Exile: Refugees, Nature, and Representations - September 4, 2020
- CFP: Fighting Scarcity and Creating Abundance - July 30, 2020
- Ten Books to Contextualize Environmental Racism - July 8, 2020
- Call for Contributors: Research and Writing in the Time of COVID-19 - June 12, 2020