mp3 – click to play | right click, ‘save as’ to download
Later this month, Nature’s Past will be returning for a new season of episodes. This year, however, we’re doing something different. With support from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, the Network in Canadian History and Environment, and Canada’s Historymagazine, we will be producing a six-part special series called “Histories of Canadian Environmental Issues.” Through this series we will examine historical perspectives on a number of different pertinent environmental issues for Canadian, including:
Aboriginal Peoples, Health, and Environment
The Canadian Environmental Movement
Food and Agriculture
On each episode, we will speak with historians who explore different aspects of these issues in past contexts. We will feature round-table discussions, interviews, and panels to cover each of these complicated and important environmental issues.
To download episodes and read the show notes, visit the main page at http://niche-canada.org/naturespast
To subscribe to the podcast, click here.
Kheraj, Sean. “Nature’s Past: Histories of Canadian Environmental Issues Preview” Nature’s Past. 16 September 2012.
Latest posts by Sean Kheraj (see all)
- Top 5 Posts of 2020 - January 5, 2021
- Nature’s Past Episode 70: Environmentalism and the Company of Young Canadians - September 2, 2020
- Interview Animalia: An Anti-Imperial Bestiary for Our Times - August 12, 2020
- Nature’s Past Episode 69: Environmental Racism and Canadian History - July 29, 2020
- Whose Nature? Race and Canadian Environmental History - July 7, 2020
- Nature’s Past Episode 68: Home and Environment - May 11, 2020
- Energy and Modern Canada Round Table Live - April 17, 2020
- Energy and Modern Canada Round Table Live Friday, April 17 - April 13, 2020
- ASEH 2020 Cancelled (Please Donate) - March 11, 2020
- Nature’s Past Episode 67: Science, Technology, and the Modern - March 2, 2020