Miradas en Movimiento, the refereed publication of the Espacio de Estudios Migratorios-EEM), is pleased to announce a Call for Papers for a special issue produced in conjunction withEMiGR network, along 2011.
This volume will focus on geo-territorial implications on migration processes (climate change, environment, territorial transformations). The deadline for submissions for “Naturally immigrants” is September 1st 2011, and the final Edition publishedd by the end of 2011.
The volume will be edited by Marco Armiero, Sergio Preito Diaz and Richard Tucker.
Possible topics for articles:
- Bodies, migration, and environment
- Climate change and migration
- Perceptions of nature
- Environmental cultures and immigrants
- Commons and immigrants
- Knowledge, ethnicity and practices of nature
- Food, nature and immigrants
- Ethnic relationships and the environment
- Urban gardening and immigrant communities
- The greening of the anti-immigration discourse
- Cultural landscapes
Papers will be received and reviewed in English. The editors strongly recommend all articles be reviewed by a native speaker before submissio; unfortunately, we do not have resources to provide for a professional language editor. A translated abstract in Spanish must be enclosed. We encourage following our “Guide for Authors“, to avoid unnecessary evaluation delays, or rejections.
Latest posts by Adam Crymble (see all)
- appel de textes: le militantisme environnemental au Québec - February 15, 2013
- On Wonder, Museums, and Flickr - February 12, 2013
- Quelques Arpents de Neige 2012 - December 6, 2012