We are delighted to announce the winners of the Signs of the Season Photo Contest. There were three categories: surprise, beauty and creativity.
For surprise, the winner is Daniel Macfarlane’s “Sprouting in NY”. In this category, the judges have also awarded an honorable mention to Andrea Gill for her “Stanley Park Heron Colony”.
For beauty, the winner is Lauren Wheeler for her “Spring Snow”. Daniel Macfarlane’s “Gatineau in Fall Fog” was awarded an honorable mention.
Finally, for creativity, the winner is Daniel Macfarlane for his “Rapid(s) Change”. The honorable mention in this category goes to Jennifer Davis for “Reseeding”.
The judges were a panel of artists consisting of Kari Gogol in Vancouver, Matt Rogalsky in London, UK and Sophie Edwards in Kingston, Ontario. Winners receive $50 and their photos will be featured on the NiCHE website main page. All entrants will have their work displayed on the Transnational Ecologies website. Thanks to everyone who entered. Those of you who intended to enter but never got around to it will be pleased to know that Transnational Ecologies is sponsoring a second photo contest on the theme of “Migratory Natures”. Details will be announced shortly!
Photo Credits: “Sprouting in NY” and “Rapid(s) Change” by Daniel MacFarlane.
Latest posts by Laura Jean Cameron (see all)
- Canopy: An Interview with Laura Jean Cameron - April 2, 2019
- Recollecting 1975: The British-Canadian Symposium on Historical Geography in Kingston, Ontario - February 18, 2013
- Techno-natures 2012: Geography & History Exchange - November 12, 2012
- A Weekend of Percussive Sounds Of & In The Environment - May 6, 2012
- Flying University of Transnational Humanities July 15-18, 2012 - February 17, 2012
- Kiitos and Mosquitoes: Cameron reports from the 6th ESEH Conference in Turku, Finland - July 3, 2011
- Fashioning Feathers: Dead Birds, Millinery Crafts and the Plumage Trade - May 10, 2011
- Radical History Review’s Special Issue on Transnational Environments - August 5, 2010
- Animals & Animality Across the Humanities and Social Sciences: An Interdisciplinary Coming-Together - July 8, 2010
- Winners Announced for Signs of the Season Photo Contest! - May 10, 2010