Many in Canada’s eastern provinces are beginning to see robins and snowdrops – the first signs of Spring; some westerners are already seeing daffodils. Of course seasonal signs are the result of many factors – including your place on the globe, your cultural and historical contexts as well as changing climates and migration patterns. Costa Rica is heading into rainy season come May. In Australia March is the beginning of Autumn.
Send us your photographs of your signs of seasonal change. And send along an explanatory description/story as well. All photos will be posted on the Transnational Ecologies pages and the best ones will be featured on the NiCHE main page. Transnational Ecologies offers 3 prizes of $50 each for the best in the following categories: (1) surprise (2) creativity (3) beauty.
- This competition is open to NiCHE members worldwide. NiCHE membership is free and there is no fee for entering this contest.
- You must be the photographer and owner of the copyright for any image entered.
- You can submit a maximum of three images to this contest.
- You will retain copyright of your entries at all times and will always be credited alongside your picture. By entering this competition, you grant NiCHE the right use your photograph for promotional or educational purposes.
- Full time employees of NiCHE and members of the NiCHE executive are not eligible
- Results are at the sole discretion of the judges and cannot be appealed. Not all prizes will necessarily be awarded.
- The deadline for entry is 1st May 2010.
Latest posts by Laura Cameron (see all)
- Recollecting 1975: The British-Canadian Symposium on Historical Geography in Kingston, Ontario - February 18, 2013
- Techno-natures 2012: Geography & History Exchange - November 12, 2012
- A Weekend of Percussive Sounds Of & In The Environment - May 6, 2012