Date: 22 February, 2008 – 9 AM
Present: Edward MacDonald, Mark McLaughlin, Bill Parenteau, Rob Summerby- Murray, Kurt Peacock, Colin Duncan, Ruth Sandwell, Graeme Stewart-Robertson, Colin Laroque, Lanna Campbell, Claire Campbell, Allan MacDonald, Akhtar Abbasi, John Sandlos, Arn Keeling
- Meeting delegates agreed that we would have a yearly round of activity that would include a Ganong Colloquium to be held each spring or summer (preferably piggy backing on other events), a speaker at one university within the region each Fall, and possibly a joint graduate/honours seminar to be held in partnership among universities across the region.
- The next Ganong Colloquium will be held in association with the Human Interactions with the Environment in Atlantic Canada to be held in Fredericton Aug. 8-10. Mark McLaughlin agreed to organize with Claire Campbell providing support. Bill Parenteau will contact NiCHE about the event they are hoping to organize and hopefully combine forces (and funding)
- Ed MacDonald volunteered to organize for a May 2009 Ganong in PEI in association with ACS conference.
- An event focused on a speaker will be organized annually in the fall. This year, the event will be held at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Long term goals included the establishment of a joint graduate/honours seminar involving universities across the region, the organization of a large workshop in 2012, and the creation of an essay collection based on the papers delivered at the 2012 workshop.
Read what happened at the 2008 Ganong Coloquium.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Contributors Welcome - September 29, 2017
- Applicants Sought for Editor of Environmental History - September 18, 2017
- Refresh: A New Look for NiCHE - September 11, 2017
- CHESS 2017 Keynote Address: Bonnie Devine, “Claims, Names, and Allegories” - May 23, 2017
- Day of Canadian Environmental History at CHA 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Chicago: The Conference - April 7, 2017
- Canadian Environmental History at ASEH 2017 - March 29, 2017
- Whose ‘Ribbon of Green’? HGIS and the Histories of Edmonton’s River Valley and Ravines System - March 8, 2017
- Energy Then and Now Book Launch - January 23, 2017
- Review of Dokis, Where the Rivers Meet - January 11, 2017