Date: 22 February, 2008 – 9 AM
Present: Edward MacDonald, Mark McLaughlin, Bill Parenteau, Rob Summerby- Murray, Kurt Peacock, Colin Duncan, Ruth Sandwell, Graeme Stewart-Robertson, Colin Laroque, Lanna Campbell, Claire Campbell, Allan MacDonald, Akhtar Abbasi, John Sandlos, Arn Keeling
- Meeting delegates agreed that we would have a yearly round of activity that would include a Ganong Colloquium to be held each spring or summer (preferably piggy backing on other events), a speaker at one university within the region each Fall, and possibly a joint graduate/honours seminar to be held in partnership among universities across the region.
- The next Ganong Colloquium will be held in association with the Human Interactions with the Environment in Atlantic Canada to be held in Fredericton Aug. 8-10. Mark McLaughlin agreed to organize with Claire Campbell providing support. Bill Parenteau will contact NiCHE about the event they are hoping to organize and hopefully combine forces (and funding)
- Ed MacDonald volunteered to organize for a May 2009 Ganong in PEI in association with ACS conference.
- An event focused on a speaker will be organized annually in the fall. This year, the event will be held at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Long term goals included the establishment of a joint graduate/honours seminar involving universities across the region, the organization of a large workshop in 2012, and the creation of an essay collection based on the papers delivered at the 2012 workshop.
Read what happened at the 2008 Ganong Coloquium.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Recognizing Environmental History When We See It - April 21, 2021
- Live Stream: New Books in the Nature | History | Society series published by UBC Press - April 19, 2021
- Live Stream: What’s Next for Canadian Environmental History? - April 9, 2021
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Animal Welfare/History) - April 9, 2021
- Public Lecture: Edward Jones-Imhotep, Histories from Broken Worlds - March 19, 2021
- Public Lecture: James Scott - February 23, 2021
- Call for Papers: The 2051 Munich Climate Conference - February 19, 2021
- Call for Papers: Environmental Crises in the Indian Ocean World since 1800 - February 15, 2021
- Transforming Brown to Green: Environmental Organizing in Toronto in the 1970s - January 11, 2021
- 2020 Year In Review - December 22, 2020