Date: 22 February, 2008 – 9 AM
Present: Edward MacDonald, Mark McLaughlin, Bill Parenteau, Rob Summerby- Murray, Kurt Peacock, Colin Duncan, Ruth Sandwell, Graeme Stewart-Robertson, Colin Laroque, Lanna Campbell, Claire Campbell, Allan MacDonald, Akhtar Abbasi, John Sandlos, Arn Keeling
- Meeting delegates agreed that we would have a yearly round of activity that would include a Ganong Colloquium to be held each spring or summer (preferably piggy backing on other events), a speaker at one university within the region each Fall, and possibly a joint graduate/honours seminar to be held in partnership among universities across the region.
- The next Ganong Colloquium will be held in association with the Human Interactions with the Environment in Atlantic Canada to be held in Fredericton Aug. 8-10. Mark McLaughlin agreed to organize with Claire Campbell providing support. Bill Parenteau will contact NiCHE about the event they are hoping to organize and hopefully combine forces (and funding)
- Ed MacDonald volunteered to organize for a May 2009 Ganong in PEI in association with ACS conference.
- An event focused on a speaker will be organized annually in the fall. This year, the event will be held at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Long term goals included the establishment of a joint graduate/honours seminar involving universities across the region, the organization of a large workshop in 2012, and the creation of an essay collection based on the papers delivered at the 2012 workshop.
Read what happened at the 2008 Ganong Coloquium.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- The Nuclear Renaissance in a World of Nuclear Apartheid - March 27, 2019
- 2019 Melville-Nelles-Hoffman Lecture in Environmental History: Arbella Bet-Shlimon - March 22, 2019
- Next Generation Nuclear? - February 13, 2019
- Top Five Posts of 2018 - January 3, 2019
- Holiday Reading: 2018 Edition - December 20, 2018
- History and the Anthropocene Project - December 4, 2018
- New Publications in Canadian Environmental History: Rural, Material, and Indigenous Worlds - November 13, 2018
- 2018 Melville-Nelles-Hoffman Lecture in Environmental History: Kate Brown - November 6, 2018
- Agricultural History Society Seeks New Executive Secretary and Treasurer - June 26, 2018
- Review of Peyton, Unbuilt Environments - April 23, 2018