Date: 22 February, 2008 – 9 AM
Present: Edward MacDonald, Mark McLaughlin, Bill Parenteau, Rob Summerby- Murray, Kurt Peacock, Colin Duncan, Ruth Sandwell, Graeme Stewart-Robertson, Colin Laroque, Lanna Campbell, Claire Campbell, Allan MacDonald, Akhtar Abbasi, John Sandlos, Arn Keeling
- Meeting delegates agreed that we would have a yearly round of activity that would include a Ganong Colloquium to be held each spring or summer (preferably piggy backing on other events), a speaker at one university within the region each Fall, and possibly a joint graduate/honours seminar to be held in partnership among universities across the region.
- The next Ganong Colloquium will be held in association with the Human Interactions with the Environment in Atlantic Canada to be held in Fredericton Aug. 8-10. Mark McLaughlin agreed to organize with Claire Campbell providing support. Bill Parenteau will contact NiCHE about the event they are hoping to organize and hopefully combine forces (and funding)
- Ed MacDonald volunteered to organize for a May 2009 Ganong in PEI in association with ACS conference.
- An event focused on a speaker will be organized annually in the fall. This year, the event will be held at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Long term goals included the establishment of a joint graduate/honours seminar involving universities across the region, the organization of a large workshop in 2012, and the creation of an essay collection based on the papers delivered at the 2012 workshop.
Read what happened at the 2008 Ganong Coloquium.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Online Event – Water Knows No Boundaries – Releasing Toxic Tailings “Ponds” Won’t Either - September 22, 2022
- Reversing the Biodiversity Crisis: A Book Release Discussion of Wild by Design - September 9, 2022
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Environmental Humanities – Whitman College, Washington - September 2, 2022
- The Management of Natural Resources and the Environment in Canada: Historical and Transnational Perspectives - August 8, 2022
- Environmental Humanities – Postdoctoral Fellowship, Literature, Film, or Cultural Studies – Lakehead University, Orillia - May 29, 2022
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Indian Ocean World Studies – Bourse postdoctorale en études du monde de l’océan Indien - May 20, 2022
- Best Book in Canadian Environmental History Prize: The 2022 Winner - May 19, 2022
- Job: Chair in Cultural Heritage Knowledge Integration in Ocean and Maritime Studies - May 18, 2022
- Online Event – The Pleasure of the Dawn Chorus: Preserving the Pandemic Soundscape - April 6, 2022
- The Ways We Work: Oily Entanglements - April 6, 2022