The Call for Papers and Posters for WCEH2024, The Fourth World Congress of Environmental History taking place at the University of Oulu, Finland from 19-23 August 2024, is now open and will close on 18 September 2023 at 23:59 (EEST).
WCEH2024 will be a hybrid congress, meaning that participants will be able to attend either face-to-face (f2f) or remotely (online). Congress fees will be listed on the Registration page very soon.
Please read the instructions on how to propose a paper/poster on the Call for Papers and Posters page and then proceed to submit your contribution via the online form (they do not accept proposals by email).
Feature Image: National road 4 (E8/E75) in Kontinkangas, Oulu, Finland. The picture has been taken from the Kajaanintie bridge, looking south. 4 August 2007. “File:Valtatie 4 Finland Oulu Kontinkangas south.jpg” by Antti Palsola (Apalsola) is licensed under CC BY 3.0.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Rural History Roundtable Fall 2023 Speaker Series – University of Guelph - September 18, 2023
- World Congress of Environmental History 2024 – Call for Papers and Posters - June 26, 2023
- Call for Applications: Black Indigenous Waterways Postdoctoral Fellowship - June 7, 2023
- 2023 Winner of Best Article/Chapter in Canadian Environmental History Prize - June 1, 2023
- Job – Lecturer in Environmental History, Newcastle University - June 1, 2023
- Canada’s First Oil Boom: Kerosene Lighting in Canada, 1846-1920 - May 18, 2023
- Petrolias, Then & Now: Exploring Change & Continuity in the Ethics of Extraction - May 18, 2023
- Online Event – Decolonizing Ourselves: Legislating Broken Promises, Past and Present - May 1, 2023
- CFC – The Routledge Handbook of Health and Environmental Humanities - February 22, 2023
- WEBINAR: Supporting Modern Environmental Research with Digital Primary Sources - February 2, 2023