Public Lecture – Canada’s Evergreen Playground: A History of Snow in Vancouver
M. Blake Butler, PhD Candidate, History Department, Western University
Tuesday, 18 April 2023, 11am EDT, Zoom
Email historyrsvp [at] uwo.ca for Zoom link.
The following two tabs change content below.
M. Blake Butler
I am an Ottawa-based historian. Much of my research examines Canadian and environmental histories, with an emphasis on winter-based topics. My doctoral dissertation examined the history of snow in Vancouver between the mid-nineteenth century and the end of the twentieth century. I am also currently employed as a historical researcher at Know History. I can be reached at email@example.com.
Latest posts by M. Blake Butler (see all)
- Call for Papers – Winter’s Coming, EH: A Winter in Canada Series - October 16, 2023
- Public Lecture – Canada’s Evergreen Playground: A History of Snow in Vancouver - April 12, 2023
- CHESS 2023: Call for Participants - January 13, 2023
- The New Scholars Community: A Recap and the Year Ahead - August 29, 2022
- Web Scraping for Environmental History Research Re-Cap - May 26, 2022
- CFP: Web Scraping for Environmental History Research - April 11, 2022
- Meet the NiCHE New Scholars Committee! - January 24, 2022
- Public Lecture: “Nature’s Principal Reservoir: The Importance of Snow and Snow Surveys in Twentieth Century British Columbia” - March 29, 2021
- Unearthed: M. Blake Butler - April 6, 2020
- CHESS 2020: Call for Participants ~ Deadline Jan 10 - January 3, 2020