Nature’s Past Episode 10 – click to play | right click, ‘save as’ to download
How have online digital technologies changed environmental history research, communication, and teaching? This episode of the podcast explores this question in the context of the recent NiCHE Digital Infrastructure API Workshop held in Mississauga, Ontario. Online-based Application Programming Interfaces or APIs are just one digital technology that holds the potential to change the way environmental historians access resources, analyze historical data, and communicate research findings. Within the past decade alone, the development of online digital technologies has offered the potential to transform historical scholarship.
This episode includes a round-table conversation with some leading figures in the realm of digital history as well as an interview with Jan Oosthoek, the producer and host of the Exploring Environmental History podcast.
Please be sure to take a moment and review this podcast on our iTunes page.
- Sean Kheraj, Canadian History & Environment
- Dan Cohen’s Website
- Digital Campus Podcast
- Heptanesian Archives
- Great Unsolved Mysteries in Canadian History
- NYPL Map Rectifier
- Environmental History Resources
- Environmental History Teaching
- MSc. Landscape, Environment & History
- “I Bid Ye Farewell” by AndyExpandy
- “Crayonz” by AndyExpandy
- “Expandimonium!” by AndyExpandy
- “Pancakes” by AndyExpandy
- Dan Cohen
- Shekhar Krisnhan
- John Lutz
- Jan Oosthoek
Kheraj, Sean. “Episode 10: Digital Technologies and Environmental History.” Nature’s Past. 21 October 2009.
Latest posts by Sean Kheraj (see all)
- Whose Nature? Race and Canadian Environmental History - July 7, 2020
- Nature’s Past Episode 68: Home and Environment - May 11, 2020
- Energy and Modern Canada Round Table Live - April 17, 2020
- Energy and Modern Canada Round Table Live Friday, April 17 - April 13, 2020
- ASEH 2020 Cancelled (Please Donate) - March 11, 2020
- Nature’s Past Episode 67: Science, Technology, and the Modern - March 2, 2020
- 2020 Melville-Nelles-Hoffmann Lecture in Environmental History: Eve Buckley - March 2, 2020
- ASEH 2020: A Listener’s Guide to Canadian #EnvHist - January 20, 2020
- Top 5 Posts of 2019 - January 1, 2020
- Canada Has Never Had a Leak-Proof Oil Pipeline - December 16, 2019