As you sally forth this summer – to places new or familiar, to the enclosures of archives or the expanse of the wild, to the local park or Ellesmere Island – keep your camera in hand. (Well, don’t environmental historians always? Here’s your collection from last year.)
This year we’re again looking for pictures of fascinating places that you’ve discovered, or rediscovered, and the stories they tell. Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or tweet (@NICHE_Canada) a photo and caption describing where you were, and maybe a bit of tantalizing background.
Have a wonderful summer. Don’t forget to write.
Latest posts by Claire Campbell (see all)
- Summer Postcards 2019 - June 6, 2019
- Northeast & Atlantic Region Environmental History Forum (NEAR-EH) 2019 - June 4, 2019
- “Rising with the Tide of History”: The Age of Sail as Industrial Alibi - May 22, 2019
- Reminder: Northeast & Atlantic Region Environmental History (NEAR-EH) 2019 - March 15, 2019
- Get Outside: Field Trips & Teaching Environmental History - February 26, 2019
- Northeast & Atlantic Region Environmental History (NEAR-EH) 2019: Call for Proposals - February 18, 2019
- Summer Postcards, 2018: The Gallery - September 17, 2018
- The Annual Back-to-School Call-for-Syllabi - September 6, 2018
- Review of Little, Fashioning the Canadian Landscape - August 29, 2018
- Summer Postcards, 2018 - August 13, 2018