As you sally forth this summer – to places new or familiar, to the enclosures of archives or the expanse of the wild, to the local park or Ellesmere Island – keep your camera in hand. (Well, don’t environmental historians always? Here’s your collection from last year.)
This year we’re again looking for pictures of fascinating places that you’ve discovered, or rediscovered, and the stories they tell. Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or tweet (@NICHE_Canada) a photo and caption describing where you were, and maybe a bit of tantalizing background.
Have a wonderful summer. Don’t forget to write.
Latest posts by Claire Campbell (see all)
- CFP: Water Ecologies - April 5, 2021
- Call for Contributions: Arcadia - March 26, 2021
- Shore/lines: Mapping Coastlines on Isle Saint-Jean - August 17, 2020
- A Working Waterfront: Water and Public Memory in Halifax - April 7, 2020
- “A window looking seaward” – Finding Environmental History in the Writing of L.M. Montgomery - March 26, 2020
- CFP: NEAR-EH Forum, Charlottetown, June 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Annual Call for Syllabi - October 24, 2019
- Call for Contributors: Not Your Day Job - September 19, 2019
- Mail Call! Postcards from Summer 2019 - September 12, 2019
- Summer Postcards 2019 - September 3, 2019