At the end of September, the Forest History Association of BC held a very successful annual meeting in and around Prince George. Conference organizers also included individuals from the University of Northern British Columbia, the Aleza Lake Research Forest Society and the Central British Columbia Railway and Forest Industry Museum.
NiCHE has just posted an illustrated description of the various field trips and sessions for those who could not attend.
You can find this page at: http://niche-canada.org/fhabc09
Thanks to the conference organizers for compiling this detailed account. Photos provided by Erica Hernandez and David Brownstein.
Latest posts by David Brownstein (see all)
- Archival Donation: Western Forest Products - July 26, 2016
- In Celebration of International Day of Forests: A Forest History Archival Donation Guide - March 21, 2015
- The Cloud Will Not Remember Everything Forever: Some Thoughts Prompted by Another Forest History Archival Donation - October 6, 2014
- History mysteries at the Association of BC Forest Professionals Meeting - August 11, 2014
- June is Forest History Month: Special issue of the Forestry Chronicle. - June 6, 2014
- Archival donation: the Dr Hubert William Ferdinand Bunce fonds. - May 26, 2014
- Adventures along the archival commodity chain: the Truck Loggers Convention. - May 2, 2014
- A rare event: forest history on the sports pages. - March 30, 2014
- Book Launch: A History of Forestry in Canada - March 10, 2014
- Announcing another archival donation: the Douglas Rickson fonds. - January 12, 2014