June is Forest History month in Canada.
In celebration, the Canadian Institute of Forestry has just published a special forest history theme issue of The Forestry Chronicle.
You can find an electronic copy of this open access issue right here.
Guest edited by Mark Kuhlberg of Laurentian University, this issue contains a mix of articles by some authors familiar as NiCHE regulars and some new faces from the forestry community. The CIF thanks the Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC) and the Canadian Forest Service (CFS) for supporting the issue.
From the table of contents:
Latest posts by David Brownstein (see all)
- What is the History of Logging Protests in British Columbia? Part Two - January 14, 2022
- What is the History of Logging Protests in British Columbia? - December 22, 2021
- Archival Donation: Western Forest Products - July 26, 2016
- In Celebration of International Day of Forests: A Forest History Archival Donation Guide - March 21, 2015
- The Cloud Will Not Remember Everything Forever: Some Thoughts Prompted by Another Forest History Archival Donation - October 6, 2014
- History mysteries at the Association of BC Forest Professionals Meeting - August 11, 2014
- June is Forest History Month: Special issue of the Forestry Chronicle. - June 6, 2014
- Archival donation: the Dr Hubert William Ferdinand Bunce fonds. - May 26, 2014
- Adventures along the archival commodity chain: the Truck Loggers Convention. - May 2, 2014
- A rare event: forest history on the sports pages. - March 30, 2014