Richard Mackie, author of the book Mountain Timber now has a webpage, which you can find right here, so do take a look.
Richard will be speaking at the Industrial Heritage Society’s annual general meeting, in Port Alberni, which takes place at 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 16 at Echo Centre. You can read all about it in a recent Alberni Valley Times article right here
The book has experienced great success, having been on the BC best seller list for 14 weeks, ranging from no 4 to no 8.
Featured image: Cathedral Road, Port Alberni, British Columbia, 2021. Photo by Pierre-Alain Picard on Unsplash.
The following two tabs change content below.
David Brownstein is the Principal of Klahanie Research Ltd (www.klahanieresearch.ca). He is also a longstanding UBC sessional instructor, and the continuing co-ordinator of NiCHE's "The Canadian Forest-History Preservation Project" (still facilitating archival donations after 11 years).
Latest posts by David Brownstein (see all)
- What is the History of Logging Protests in British Columbia? Part Two - January 14, 2022
- What is the History of Logging Protests in British Columbia? - December 22, 2021
- Archival Donation: Western Forest Products - July 26, 2016
- In Celebration of International Day of Forests: A Forest History Archival Donation Guide - March 21, 2015
- The Cloud Will Not Remember Everything Forever: Some Thoughts Prompted by Another Forest History Archival Donation - October 6, 2014
- History mysteries at the Association of BC Forest Professionals Meeting - August 11, 2014
- June is Forest History Month: Special issue of the Forestry Chronicle. - June 6, 2014
- Archival donation: the Dr Hubert William Ferdinand Bunce fonds. - May 26, 2014
- Adventures along the archival commodity chain: the Truck Loggers Convention. - May 2, 2014
- A rare event: forest history on the sports pages. - March 30, 2014