Nature’s Past Episode 10 – click to play | right click, ‘save as’ to download
How have online digital technologies changed environmental history research, communication, and teaching? This episode of the podcast explores this question in the context of the recent NiCHE Digital Infrastructure API Workshop held in Mississauga, Ontario. Online-based Application Programming Interfaces or APIs are just one digital technology that holds the potential to change the way environmental historians access resources, analyze historical data, and communicate research findings. Within the past decade alone, the development of online digital technologies has offered the potential to transform historical scholarship.
This episode includes a round-table conversation with some leading figures in the realm of digital history as well as an interview with Jan Oosthoek, the producer and host of the Exploring Environmental History podcast.
Please be sure to take a moment and review this podcast on our iTunes page.
- Sean Kheraj, Canadian History & Environment
- Dan Cohen’s Website
- Digital Campus Podcast
- Heptanesian Archives
- Great Unsolved Mysteries in Canadian History
- NYPL Map Rectifier
- Environmental History Resources
- Environmental History Teaching
- MSc. Landscape, Environment & History
- “I Bid Ye Farewell” by AndyExpandy
- “Crayonz” by AndyExpandy
- “Expandimonium!” by AndyExpandy
- “Pancakes” by AndyExpandy
- Dan Cohen
- Shekhar Krisnhan
- John Lutz
- Jan Oosthoek
Kheraj, Sean. “Episode 10: Digital Technologies and Environmental History.” Nature’s Past. 21 October 2009.
Latest posts by Sean Kheraj (see all)
- Nature’s Past Episode 64: Environment and Alibi - May 22, 2019
- From Field Trip to Walking Tour: Animals in the City - April 30, 2019
- What Role Should History Play in Canadian Oil Pipeline Politics? - April 16, 2019
- Building Environmental History Networks Around the World - April 12, 2019
- I’m Not Going to Ohio: How I Will Participate in ASEH 2019 - April 11, 2019
- More: Energy History and Energy Futures - April 10, 2019
- Nature’s Past Episode 63: Unbuilt Environments - March 25, 2019
- Nature’s Past Episode 62: Carbon Democracy and Canadian History - September 27, 2018
- Autumn Renewal - September 26, 2018
- The Complicated History of Building Pipelines in Canada - June 1, 2018