Nature’s Past Episode 10 – click to play | right click, ‘save as’ to download
How have online digital technologies changed environmental history research, communication, and teaching? This episode of the podcast explores this question in the context of the recent NiCHE Digital Infrastructure API Workshop held in Mississauga, Ontario. Online-based Application Programming Interfaces or APIs are just one digital technology that holds the potential to change the way environmental historians access resources, analyze historical data, and communicate research findings. Within the past decade alone, the development of online digital technologies has offered the potential to transform historical scholarship.
This episode includes a round-table conversation with some leading figures in the realm of digital history as well as an interview with Jan Oosthoek, the producer and host of the Exploring Environmental History podcast.
Please be sure to take a moment and review this podcast on our iTunes page.
- Sean Kheraj, Canadian History & Environment
- Dan Cohen’s Website
- Digital Campus Podcast
- Heptanesian Archives
- Great Unsolved Mysteries in Canadian History
- NYPL Map Rectifier
- Environmental History Resources
- Environmental History Teaching
- MSc. Landscape, Environment & History
- “I Bid Ye Farewell” by AndyExpandy
- “Crayonz” by AndyExpandy
- “Expandimonium!” by AndyExpandy
- “Pancakes” by AndyExpandy
- Dan Cohen
- Shekhar Krisnhan
- John Lutz
- Jan Oosthoek
Kheraj, Sean. “Episode 10: Digital Technologies and Environmental History.” Nature’s Past. 21 October 2009.
Latest posts by Sean Kheraj (see all)
- Nature’s Past Episode 58: The Past and Future of Canadian Environmental History - November 30, 2017
- Nature’s Past Episode 57: Why Study Canada? - September 13, 2017
- CHESS 2017 Reflections: Acknowledging People and the Land - June 8, 2017
- Nature’s Past Episode 56: Animal Metropolis - May 29, 2017
- 2017 Melville-Nelles-Hoffmann Lecture in Environmental History: Sara Pritchard - March 27, 2017
- The Otter~La loutre: Top Five Posts of 2016 - January 5, 2017
- Nature’s Past Episode 55: Asbestos Mining and Environmental Health - November 30, 2016
- Indigenous Voices and Resistance in Oil Pipeline History: The Dene Tha’ and the Norman Wells Pipeline - November 18, 2016
- Nature’s Past Episode 54: Reclaiming the Don, From Dissertation to Book - September 28, 2016
- CHESS 2016 Reflections: Reconciliation and Environment - August 3, 2016