Event Date: Nov 23 2009
Event Website: Event Webpage
The NiCHE New Scholars Reading Group is looking for more participants as we move into our third session. For those not already familiar with this project, this is a peer reading group that provides feedback on papers and presentations in the early stages of development and promotes collaboration with people in other parts of the country who share academic interests.
After our second successful NiCHE Reading Group session, which looked at Lauren Wheeler’s fascinating paper on chinooks in southern Alberta, we are rolling into our November session. This month we will be reading the American Historical Association Conversation on “Environmental Historians and Environmental Crisis”.
Also, we are looking for papers for the January session. If you have a draft paper in need of constructive peer review, let us know.
All graduate students are invited to participate in the discussion. To join the NiCHE Reading Group, contact Will Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will give you access to the reading through our Google Group. We have scheduled a live Skype discussion of the reading for Monday, November 23rd at 11:00am (Pacific Time). To join the live call, contact Sean Kheraj at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Sean Kheraj (see all)
- Nature’s Past Episode 65: 3rd World Congress of Environmental History - August 15, 2019
- How to Build the World’s Largest Oil Pipeline System - July 18, 2019
- Nature’s Past Episode 64: Environment and Alibi - May 22, 2019
- From Field Trip to Walking Tour: Animals in the City - April 30, 2019
- What Role Should History Play in Canadian Oil Pipeline Politics? - April 16, 2019
- Building Environmental History Networks Around the World - April 12, 2019
- I’m Not Going to Ohio: How I Will Participate in ASEH 2019 - April 11, 2019
- More: Energy History and Energy Futures - April 10, 2019
- Nature’s Past Episode 63: Unbuilt Environments - March 25, 2019
- Nature’s Past Episode 62: Carbon Democracy and Canadian History - September 27, 2018