Event Date: Nov 23 2009
Event Website: Event Webpage
The NiCHE New Scholars Reading Group is looking for more participants as we move into our third session. For those not already familiar with this project, this is a peer reading group that provides feedback on papers and presentations in the early stages of development and promotes collaboration with people in other parts of the country who share academic interests.
After our second successful NiCHE Reading Group session, which looked at Lauren Wheeler’s fascinating paper on chinooks in southern Alberta, we are rolling into our November session. This month we will be reading the American Historical Association Conversation on “Environmental Historians and Environmental Crisis”.
Also, we are looking for papers for the January session. If you have a draft paper in need of constructive peer review, let us know.
All graduate students are invited to participate in the discussion. To join the NiCHE Reading Group, contact Will Knight at email@example.com and he will give you access to the reading through our Google Group. We have scheduled a live Skype discussion of the reading for Monday, November 23rd at 11:00am (Pacific Time). To join the live call, contact Sean Kheraj at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Sean Kheraj (see all)
- Top 5 Posts of 2020 - January 5, 2021
- Nature’s Past Episode 70: Environmentalism and the Company of Young Canadians - September 2, 2020
- Interview Animalia: An Anti-Imperial Bestiary for Our Times - August 12, 2020
- Nature’s Past Episode 69: Environmental Racism and Canadian History - July 29, 2020
- Whose Nature? Race and Canadian Environmental History - July 7, 2020
- Nature’s Past Episode 68: Home and Environment - May 11, 2020
- Energy and Modern Canada Round Table Live - April 17, 2020
- Energy and Modern Canada Round Table Live Friday, April 17 - April 13, 2020
- ASEH 2020 Cancelled (Please Donate) - March 11, 2020
- Nature’s Past Episode 67: Science, Technology, and the Modern - March 2, 2020