The Joan Mitchell Travel Award seeks to promote and support original, scholarly research in the Laurier Archives. The Travel Award supports researchers wishing to travel to the Laurier Archives to conduct research in any of the archival collections. The Travel Award of $1000 may be used to offset the cost of travel and lodging in Waterloo for a period of one to four weeks of research in the Laurier Archives. Graduate students and established scholars are invited to apply. The Joan Mitchell Travel Award honours Joan Mitchell, Laurier’s first Head of Archives and Special Collections.
Students enrolled in a graduate program at the Masters’ or doctoral level, as well as established scholars in any discipline are eligible for the Joan Mitchell Travel Award. To apply, please forward a letter of application describing the proposed research project, plans for publication, and the collections to be consulted at the Laurier Archives, as well as a curriculum vitae and one letter of reference.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Laurier Archives to learn more about the collections when preparing their applications. Laurier Archives staff members are not on the Adjudication Committee.
Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com
Archives and Special Collections
Wilfrid Laurier University
75 University Avenue
Application deadline for the 2022 award is February 28, 2022.
Feature Image: Angelo_Giordano on Pixabay.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Meet the Members of Our New NiCHE Editorial Team! - November 30, 2021
- Online Event – Teaching and Knowing an Anti-Racist Nature - November 25, 2021
- Webinar – Indicators for Climate Impact: Developing and Using Indicators to Promote Change - November 23, 2021
- Online Book Talk: Edward Feuz Jr. A Story of Enchantment – Whyte Museum - November 21, 2021
- Joan Mitchell Travel Award at Laurier Archives - November 16, 2021
- Meet Our New NiCHE Executive Members! - November 16, 2021
- 2022 NiCHE Book Prize Announcement - November 1, 2021
- November for NiCHE: A Fundraising Campaign - November 1, 2021
- Call for Papers: History of NASA and the Environment Symposium - October 22, 2021
- The Riley Postdoctoral Fellowship - September 10, 2021