The Joan Mitchell Travel Award seeks to promote and support original, scholarly research in the Laurier Archives. The Travel Award supports researchers wishing to travel to the Laurier Archives to conduct research in any of the archival collections. The Travel Award of $1000 may be used to offset the cost of travel and lodging in Waterloo for a period of one to four weeks of research in the Laurier Archives. Graduate students and established scholars are invited to apply. The Joan Mitchell Travel Award honours Joan Mitchell, Laurier’s first Head of Archives and Special Collections.
Students enrolled in a graduate program at the Masters’ or doctoral level, as well as established scholars in any discipline are eligible for the Joan Mitchell Travel Award. To apply, please forward a letter of application describing the proposed research project, plans for publication, and the collections to be consulted at the Laurier Archives, as well as a curriculum vitae and one letter of reference.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Laurier Archives to learn more about the collections when preparing their applications. Laurier Archives staff members are not on the Adjudication Committee.
Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Archives and Special Collections
Wilfrid Laurier University
75 University Avenue
Application deadline for the 2022 award is February 28, 2022.
Feature Image: Angelo_Giordano on Pixabay.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- 2023 NiCHE Prize Call for Submissions - September 26, 2022
- Online Event – Water Knows No Boundaries – Releasing Toxic Tailings “Ponds” Won’t Either - September 22, 2022
- Reversing the Biodiversity Crisis: A Book Release Discussion of Wild by Design - September 9, 2022
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Environmental Humanities – Whitman College, Washington - September 2, 2022
- The Management of Natural Resources and the Environment in Canada: Historical and Transnational Perspectives - August 8, 2022
- Environmental Humanities – Postdoctoral Fellowship, Literature, Film, or Cultural Studies – Lakehead University, Orillia - May 29, 2022
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Indian Ocean World Studies – Bourse postdoctorale en études du monde de l’océan Indien - May 20, 2022
- Best Book in Canadian Environmental History Prize: The 2022 Winner - May 19, 2022
- Job: Chair in Cultural Heritage Knowledge Integration in Ocean and Maritime Studies - May 18, 2022
- Online Event – The Pleasure of the Dawn Chorus: Preserving the Pandemic Soundscape - April 6, 2022