Support NiCHE Today
The Network in Canadian History and Environment (NiCHE) is a volunteer-led, not-for-profit public history organization dedicated to the dissemination of environmental history research in Canada and building a network of researchers. We make a blog, book reviews, news & announcements, a monthly newsletter, a podcast, videos, a peer-reviewed journal, teaching/research resources, research project websites, and more.
If you like what we do, consider becoming a supporter today.
Can you put a price on greatness?
Well, we can try!
NiCHE has been bringing you breaking scholarship, insightful commentary, publishing opportunities, ready-made teaching resources, a supportive community, and endless charm since 2005.
For our first decade, we had the support of SSHRC (the Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council); all they asked was that we not use federal funds just for flying back and forth across our enormous country, or anything illegal. We’ve now incorporated as a non-profit organization, and we’d like to stay on the right side of the law.
NiCHE is a volunteer organization – and we’d like everyone who reads, writes, and thinks about Canada and the environment to be a part of it.
We’re spending the next month asking readers like you to show your support. If you’ve ever showcased your research with The Otter, or assigned a post to students to read; if you’d like to develop an online presence through our Projects page; if you’ve consulted other syllabi in our Teaching Resources … can we ask you to join our list of Supporters? For the price of a cup of coffee and a donut (or a Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte) per month, you can make a big difference in what we can do.
We’re aiming to raise $8000 to support our ongoing services and three big needs:
- Fair compensation for a part-time editor and social media manager to maintain our online presence.
- Small honoraria to recognize the work of contributors, especially junior scholars, graduate students, and those precariously employed.
- Web hosting costs and publishing expenses.
What will you get in return, besides the very best in environmental history?
- The warm, fuzzy feeling of knowing you’ve supported a good cause
- All our great content, including our blog, book reviews, news & announcements, a monthly newsletter, a podcast, videos, a peer-reviewed journal, teaching/research resources, research project websites, and more
- Expanded work online through our website and publication platforms
Check out our fundraising page and let us know if you’d like to help.
And thank you.
Feature Image: World War I Victory Loan Campaign, Library & Archives Canada.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Call for Papers – Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History, WCEH4 2024 - January 23, 2023
- Top Five Posts of 2022 - January 4, 2023
- Open Call for Authors “Future Directions in Environmental History” - December 13, 2022
- Welcome the New NiCHE Executive and Editorial Board Members! - December 1, 2022
- Double Your Contribution! Matching Funds for the Next $1500 - November 22, 2022
- What Has NiCHE Done for You Lately? - November 14, 2022
- The Annual Great NiCHE November Fundraising Campaign! - November 1, 2022
- Call for 2023 NiCHE Editors and Executive Committee Members - October 19, 2022
- 2023 NiCHE Prize Call for Submissions - September 26, 2022
- Online Event – Water Knows No Boundaries – Releasing Toxic Tailings “Ponds” Won’t Either - September 22, 2022