Support NiCHE Today
The Network in Canadian History and Environment (NiCHE) is a volunteer-led, not-for-profit public history organization dedicated to the dissemination of environmental history research in Canada and building a network of researchers. We make a blog, book reviews, news & announcements, a monthly newsletter, a podcast, videos, a peer-reviewed journal, teaching/research resources, research project websites, and more.
If you like what we do, consider becoming a supporter today.
Can you put a price on greatness?
Well, we can try!
NiCHE has been bringing you breaking scholarship, insightful commentary, publishing opportunities, ready-made teaching resources, a supportive community, and endless charm since 2005.
For our first decade, we had the support of SSHRC (the Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council); all they asked was that we not use federal funds just for flying back and forth across our enormous country, or anything illegal. We’ve now incorporated as a non-profit organization, and we’d like to stay on the right side of the law.
NiCHE is a volunteer organization – and we’d like everyone who reads, writes, and thinks about Canada and the environment to be a part of it.
We’re spending the next month asking readers like you to show your support. If you’ve ever showcased your research with The Otter, or assigned a post to students to read; if you’d like to develop an online presence through our Projects page; if you’ve consulted other syllabi in our Teaching Resources … can we ask you to join our list of Supporters? For the price of a cup of coffee and a donut (or a Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte) per month, you can make a big difference in what we can do.
We’re aiming to raise $8000 to support our ongoing services and three big needs:
- Fair compensation for a part-time editor and social media manager to maintain our online presence.
- Small honoraria to recognize the work of contributors, especially junior scholars, graduate students, and those precariously employed.
- Web hosting costs and publishing expenses.
What will you get in return, besides the very best in environmental history?
- The warm, fuzzy feeling of knowing you’ve supported a good cause
- All our great content, including our blog, book reviews, news & announcements, a monthly newsletter, a podcast, videos, a peer-reviewed journal, teaching/research resources, research project websites, and more
- Expanded work online through our website and publication platforms
Check out our fundraising page and let us know if you’d like to help.
And thank you.
Feature Image: World War I Victory Loan Campaign, Library & Archives Canada.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Meet the Members of Our New NiCHE Editorial Team! - November 30, 2021
- Online Event – Teaching and Knowing an Anti-Racist Nature - November 25, 2021
- Webinar – Indicators for Climate Impact: Developing and Using Indicators to Promote Change - November 23, 2021
- Online Book Talk: Edward Feuz Jr. A Story of Enchantment – Whyte Museum - November 21, 2021
- Joan Mitchell Travel Award at Laurier Archives - November 16, 2021
- Meet Our New NiCHE Executive Members! - November 16, 2021
- 2022 NiCHE Book Prize Announcement - November 1, 2021
- November for NiCHE: A Fundraising Campaign - November 1, 2021
- Call for Papers: History of NASA and the Environment Symposium - October 22, 2021
- The Riley Postdoctoral Fellowship - September 10, 2021