What lies ahead for the field of Canadian environmental history? To find out, we are holding a live stream event on Youtube next week on Friday, April 16 at 2:30pm (Eastern) featuring Heather Green (Saint Mary’s University), Shannon Stunden Bower (University of Alberta), and Alan MacEachern (Western University). Please join us.
Ten years ago this month, environmental historians and historical geographers gathered for a workshop called “EH+: Writing the Next Chapter of Canadian Environmental History,” hosted by the Network in Canadian History and Environment and the Wilson Institute for Canadian History. Readers can listen to the podcast we recorded about that workshop and watch the video we produced. Our panel of environmental historians will reflect on the last ten years of the field and think about what’s next to come.
This event is part of the American Society for Environmental History’s “Environmental History Week.” Register for free to access all the events.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- WEBINAR: Supporting Modern Environmental Research with Digital Primary Sources - February 2, 2023
- Call for Papers – Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History, WCEH4 2024 - January 23, 2023
- Top Five Posts of 2022 - January 4, 2023
- Open Call for Authors “Future Directions in Environmental History” - December 13, 2022
- Welcome the New NiCHE Executive and Editorial Board Members! - December 1, 2022
- Double Your Contribution! Matching Funds for the Next $1500 - November 22, 2022
- What Has NiCHE Done for You Lately? - November 14, 2022
- The Annual Great NiCHE November Fundraising Campaign! - November 1, 2022
- Call for 2023 NiCHE Editors and Executive Committee Members - October 19, 2022
- 2023 NiCHE Prize Call for Submissions - September 26, 2022