What lies ahead for the field of Canadian environmental history? To find out, we are holding a live stream event on Youtube next week on Friday, April 16 at 2:30pm (Eastern) featuring Heather Green (Saint Mary’s University), Shannon Stunden Bower (University of Alberta), and Alan MacEachern (Western University). Please join us.
Ten years ago this month, environmental historians and historical geographers gathered for a workshop called “EH+: Writing the Next Chapter of Canadian Environmental History,” hosted by the Network in Canadian History and Environment and the Wilson Institute for Canadian History. Readers can listen to the podcast we recorded about that workshop and watch the video we produced. Our panel of environmental historians will reflect on the last ten years of the field and think about what’s next to come.
This event is part of the American Society for Environmental History’s “Environmental History Week.” Register for free to access all the events.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- 2023 NiCHE Prize Call for Submissions - September 26, 2022
- Online Event – Water Knows No Boundaries – Releasing Toxic Tailings “Ponds” Won’t Either - September 22, 2022
- Reversing the Biodiversity Crisis: A Book Release Discussion of Wild by Design - September 9, 2022
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Environmental Humanities – Whitman College, Washington - September 2, 2022
- The Management of Natural Resources and the Environment in Canada: Historical and Transnational Perspectives - August 8, 2022
- Environmental Humanities – Postdoctoral Fellowship, Literature, Film, or Cultural Studies – Lakehead University, Orillia - May 29, 2022
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Indian Ocean World Studies – Bourse postdoctorale en études du monde de l’océan Indien - May 20, 2022
- Best Book in Canadian Environmental History Prize: The 2022 Winner - May 19, 2022
- Job: Chair in Cultural Heritage Knowledge Integration in Ocean and Maritime Studies - May 18, 2022
- Online Event – The Pleasure of the Dawn Chorus: Preserving the Pandemic Soundscape - April 6, 2022