The Network in Canadian History and Environment wishes to announce that it is soliciting nominations for its 2021 NiCHE Prize for Best Article or Book Chapter. This new prize is awarded every other year for meritorious publications that make important and innovative contributions to the field of Canadian environmental history, broadly conceived.
This prize was generously sponsored by a donation from founding NiCHE Director, Alan MacEachern.
Nominations may come from authors, publishers, organizations, or any other individuals.
- The work of any individual(s) conducting scholarly research in the field of Canadian environmental history will be eligible for consideration.
- Articles, and book chapters that (i) use the tools and methods of historical inquiry to examine the relationship between humans and the non-human world; and (ii) focus on the territory that now makes up Canada and/or involve individuals, groups, or institutions closely associated with what later became Canada are eligible for consideration.
- Articles and book chapters can be nominated only once.
- Articles and book chapters must bear the copyright imprint of one of the two years preceding the year in which the prize is awarded, i.e., articles published in 2019 or 2020 are eligible for the 2021 prize.
- Articles and book chapters published by publishing houses or journals located outside Canada are eligible for consideration.
- Any piece of scholarship that meets the eligibility criteria for a given year’s prize and that demonstrates substantial and original scholarship may be nominated (e.g. edited volumes, scholarly editions of primary documents). Translations may not be nominated if they have already won this prize for publication in their original language.
- Scholarship authored by more than one person is eligible for consideration.
Nominations for this prize should be submitted before 31 December 2020.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Image by mohamed Hassan from Pixabay
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Live Stream: What’s Next for Canadian Environmental History? - April 9, 2021
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Animal Welfare/History) - April 9, 2021
- Public Lecture: Edward Jones-Imhotep, Histories from Broken Worlds - March 19, 2021
- Public Lecture: James Scott - February 23, 2021
- Call for Papers: The 2051 Munich Climate Conference - February 19, 2021
- Call for Papers: Environmental Crises in the Indian Ocean World since 1800 - February 15, 2021
- Transforming Brown to Green: Environmental Organizing in Toronto in the 1970s - January 11, 2021
- 2020 Year In Review - December 22, 2020
- The NiCHE Wikipedia Page Needs an Update! - November 20, 2020
- Subscribe to the New Monthly NiCHE Newsletter! - November 12, 2020