If you plan to attend the 1-3 June 2020 Canadian Historical Association annual meeting, whose call-for-papers deadline is 15 October — or even if you’re not planning to attend it — plan first to attend NiCHE’s 15th annual Canadian History & Environment Summer School, 29-31 May 2020, also at Western University in London, Ontario.
The theme for CHESS 2020 is energy history, with a specific focus on the 19th century oil industry in Southwestern Ontario — & nearby Pennsylvania. Our American cousins are encouraged to attend. Confirmed speakers include Brian Black and Ruth Sandwell, and we’ll have a full-day field trip to Oil Springs & Petrolia, Ontario.
Plans are also afoot that the weekend closes with a “Public History + Environmental History” workshop, open to both CHESS & CHA attendees. Otherwise, space will be limited for most CHESS events, so watch this space for a “Call for Participants” coming in November.
Latest posts by Alan MacEachern (see all)
- Climate at the Speed of Weather - October 5, 2021
- Restricted Clientele! Everyday Racism in Canadian National Parks - September 9, 2020
- Material World: Exhibiting the Anthropocene - May 4, 2020
- CHESS 2020 ~ keep the dates! - October 4, 2019
- Well-Grounded - July 10, 2019
- ICEHO Bulletin 19 - March 28, 2019
- Review of Mannell, Living Lightly on the Earth - February 6, 2019
- Canopy: An Interview with Alan MacEachern - January 15, 2019
- The Year in Apocalypses - December 31, 2018
- Morley K. Thomas, 1918-2018 - April 27, 2018