We are excited to announce a new partnership with the Saskatchewan History and Folklore Society and Folklore magazine, a quarterly print magazine with an audience of 4,000+ individuals edited by Laura Larsen. We invite contributions for our new Saskatchewan Environmental History series: “Coulees to Muskeg.” Accepted submissions will be published twice: first on our website and then in an upcoming issue of Folklore magazine.
Final submissions should be between 800 and 2,000 words in length. We will consider any environmental history topic that relates to Saskatchewan, including transregional and comparative topics. We especially invite contributions that explore the intersection of Saskatchewan environmental history and:
- Urbanity or Rurality
Please send proposals and/or drafts to Jessica DeWitt, email@example.com. Submissions will be accepted and published on a rolling basis until August 2020.
*Submissions should be between 800 and 2,000 words and include images if possible. Please use Chicago Style endnote citations. Please submit a headshot and bio for use in Folklore magazine. Folklore authors are paid $1.50 per column inch for published submissions, plus a complimentary copy.
Latest posts by Jessica DeWitt (see all)
- Call for Contributors: Coulees to Muskeg – A Saskatchewan Environmental History Series - October 3, 2019
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: August 2019 - September 24, 2019
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: July 2019 - August 22, 2019
- Humans and Dogs and Bears, Oh My! – A Summer Podcast Reflection - August 8, 2019
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: May/June 2019 - July 4, 2019
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: April 2019 - May 21, 2019
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: March 2019 - April 26, 2019
- Cultivating Abundance from a NiCHE Position: Using Social Media to Disseminate and Support Environmental History Scholarship - April 4, 2019
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: February 2019 - March 29, 2019
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: January 2019 - February 25, 2019