Deadline: Sep 3 2012
Event Website: Event Webpage
Primary Contact Name: Alan MacEachern
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As Canadian historical researchers travel around the country this summer, we thought it would be fun to encourage you to think about Canada’s visual history.
Just four easy steps:
- Find a photo from your historical research or from history more broadly.
- Go to where the photo was taken.
- Either a) take a photo of the photo there (à la DearPhotograph.com) or b) incorporate the photo intoHistoryPin.com (see Josh MacFadyen’s cool photo of rural PEI or the Saskatchewan Multitype Digitization Initiative as examples.)
- Either a) send a photo of the photo or b) point out the URL to email@example.com . Write a caption to go along with it.
We’ll post some of the best photos & descriptions as the summer goes along & give out book prizes for the very best on 3 September.
No, the photos don’t have to be about environmental history!
Or from Canada!
Void where prohibited!
Latest posts by Alan MacEachern (see all)
- CHESS 2020 ~ keep the dates! - October 4, 2019
- Well-Grounded - July 10, 2019
- ICEHO Bulletin 19 - March 28, 2019
- Review of Mannell, Living Lightly on the Earth - February 6, 2019
- Canopy: An Interview with Alan MacEachern - January 15, 2019
- The Year in Apocalypses - December 31, 2018
- Morley K. Thomas, 1918-2018 - April 27, 2018
- When History Stops at the Border - April 11, 2018
- World Congress of Environmental History 2019: Call for Papers - March 10, 2018
- Historical GIS survey - February 26, 2018