The next live call is set for Tuesday, April 26 at 4 pm(EST). This month we have a chapter from Cheryl Williams’ masters thesis “The Banff Winter Olympics: Sport, Tourism, and the National Parks.” The chapter discusses the themes that emerged and the different constructions of Banff National Park as a result of attempts by Calgary businessmen to bring the Olympics to Banff in the 1960s.
If you would like to participate head over to the New Scholars Reading Group (https://sites.google.com/site/nichenewscholarsreadinggroup/) to sign-up and download the paper.
Latest posts by Lauren Wheeler (see all)
- Rhizomes: An Interview with Lauren Wheeler - August 6, 2019
- April 23 New Scholars Reading Group - April 13, 2012
- Incoming New Scholars Rep - April 9, 2012
- ASEH Madison Rooms - January 3, 2012
- Reading Group Call for Papers - November 6, 2011
- New Scholars Update - September 16, 2011
- EHTV Shorts - August 14, 2011
- Dr. Otto Schaefer’s Slides of Canada’s North - July 15, 2011
- Sustainability, History and William Cronon - April 27, 2011
- April New Scholars Reading Group - April 7, 2011