The next live call is set for Tuesday, April 26 at 4 pm(EST). This month we have a chapter from Cheryl Williams’ masters thesis “The Banff Winter Olympics: Sport, Tourism, and the National Parks.” The chapter discusses the themes that emerged and the different constructions of Banff National Park as a result of attempts by Calgary businessmen to bring the Olympics to Banff in the 1960s.
If you would like to participate head over to the New Scholars Reading Group: https://sites.google.com/site/nichenewscholarsreadinggroup/ to sign-up and download the paper.
Feature image: Sunshine Village ski resort, Banff, Canada, 2004. Photo by Axel Pettersson on Wikimedia Commons.
The following two tabs change content below.
Public Historian specializing in visual representation, memory making, environmental history, and Alberta history. Currently a Program Lead with the Alberta Museums Association. Past NiCHE New Scholars Representative and Place and Placelessness Virtual Conference organizer.
Latest posts by Lauren Wheeler (see all)
- Rhizomes: An Interview with Lauren Wheeler - August 6, 2019
- April 23 New Scholars Reading Group - April 13, 2012
- Incoming New Scholars Rep - April 9, 2012
- ASEH Madison Rooms - January 3, 2012
- Reading Group Call for Papers - November 6, 2011
- New Scholars Update - September 16, 2011
- EHTV Shorts - August 14, 2011
- Dr. Otto Schaefer’s Slides of Canada’s North - July 15, 2011
- Sustainability, History and William Cronon - April 27, 2011
- April New Scholars Reading Group - April 7, 2011