Mission Tree Farm, Mission, British Columbia.
Saturday October 2nd, 2010.
- 11 am Business Meeting.
Mission Leisure Centre
7650 Grand Street
- 12 pm Lunch (approx $10)
- 12:30 pm Kim Allen, Director of Forest Management: History and Highlights.
Following Lunch, Kim Allen will give a presentation on the history of the Tree Farm, the challenges it has faced over the years, and how he sees its future development and growth. With the number of community forests now granted or proposed, Kim’s comments and thoughts should be very pertinent in understanding what is happening “in the woods” today.
- 1-4pm Tour of tree farm.
Car-pooling will be arranged for those travelling to Tsawwassen from southern Vancouver Island. Similar arrangements can be made for those who wish to travel to Horseshoe Bay. The planned program will allow those travelling back to the Island to catch one of the early evening ferries.
Please advise Stan Chester at (604) 921-9880 or of your plans to attend by Wednesday, September 29th, 2010 so that we can finalize travel and lunch arrangements.
Featured image: Mission, British Columbia. Photo by Wes van Vugt on Wikimedia Commons.
The following two tabs change content below.
David Brownstein is the Principal of Klahanie Research Ltd (www.klahanieresearch.ca). He is also a longstanding UBC sessional instructor, and the continuing co-ordinator of NiCHE's "The Canadian Forest-History Preservation Project" (still facilitating archival donations after 11 years).
Latest posts by David Brownstein (see all)
- What is the History of Logging Protests in British Columbia? Part Two - January 14, 2022
- What is the History of Logging Protests in British Columbia? - December 22, 2021
- Archival Donation: Western Forest Products - July 26, 2016
- In Celebration of International Day of Forests: A Forest History Archival Donation Guide - March 21, 2015
- The Cloud Will Not Remember Everything Forever: Some Thoughts Prompted by Another Forest History Archival Donation - October 6, 2014
- History mysteries at the Association of BC Forest Professionals Meeting - August 11, 2014
- June is Forest History Month: Special issue of the Forestry Chronicle. - June 6, 2014
- Archival donation: the Dr Hubert William Ferdinand Bunce fonds. - May 26, 2014
- Adventures along the archival commodity chain: the Truck Loggers Convention. - May 2, 2014
- A rare event: forest history on the sports pages. - March 30, 2014