Event Date: Sep 17 2009 – Sep 19 2009
Event Website: Event Webpage
City: Halifax, NS
This two-day event featured Graeme Wynn of UBC, giving the MacKay Lecture on “Sustainability and Resilience in Atlantic Canada: A Long View” to a packed house. The next day we mixed business with pleasure in a perfect combination: we spent the morning planning regional projects, including conferences, teaching collaboration, and publications; and the afternoon we went on a wonderful tour of historic Point Pleasant Park in Halifax’s south end.
More detailed summary to follow!
Featured image: Point Pleasant Park, Halifax, 2009. Photo by RicLaf on Wikimedia Commons.
Latest posts by Claire Campbell (see all)
- CFP: Energy & the Environment, Association for Canadian Studies in the United States (ACSUS) - January 18, 2023
- Call for Papers – Backyard Natures: An Exploration of Local Environments in the Northeast - January 10, 2023
- The Thank-You Tree - December 20, 2022
- Stuff Stories: The Confederation Trail - July 18, 2022
- Summer Institute: Non/Humanity - April 1, 2022
- Northeast and Atlantic Region Environmental History Forum (NEAR-EH) Call for Papers, 2022 - February 10, 2022
- Appel à contributions: PiCHE - November 19, 2021
- Call for Submissions: PiCHE - November 12, 2021
- Call for Teaching Materials - September 9, 2021
- History En Vélo - September 8, 2021