The Environment Canada climate-related archival collection, which came to the University of Western Ontario on long-term loan in 2014, has now been fully catalogued and is available to researchers visiting ARCC at UWO’s Weldon Library. Here is the downloadable EC inventory.
The collection consists of almost 900 archival boxes of EC’s extant daily weather observations between 1840-1960 (an estimated 1.6 million pages) and 250 volumes of correspondence, letterbooks, etc. ranging from 1829-1967. Please contact me if you have any questions about the collection. The more I dig into it, the more I think it has to offer folks studying climate and meteorological history in Canada. If you’re coming to Western to research from the collection, let me know.
Latest posts by Alan MacEachern (see all)
- World Congress of Environmental History 2019: Call for Papers - March 10, 2018
- Historical GIS survey - February 26, 2018
- Groundhog Rising - February 1, 2018
- Canada’s Anthropocene: A Roundtable - January 24, 2018
- The Alanthropocene - January 15, 2018
- Holiday Reading - December 8, 2017
- ICEHO Bulletin 13 - July 17, 2017
- 希望: A Postcard from China - July 17, 2017
- BookLook 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Anticipating the Anthropocene - May 8, 2017