Learning From Our Past – 2011: Clayoquot Sound Science Panel Symposium
March 3rd – 6th, 2011
Tofino/Ahousaht British Columbia
The Clayoquot Forest Communities Program along with Tla-o-qui-aht and Ahousaht First Nations hosts are pleased to present: Learning From Our Past – Clayoquot Sound Science Panel Symposium.
Please see http://www.ecotrust.ca/clayoquot-sound-science-panel-symposium for registration and more information.
Join original members of the Clayoquot Sound Science Panel, First Nations hosts, community leaders, and resource management professionals to reflect on 15 years of land-use, forestry, and social innovation in Clayoquot Sound. Since 1995, the Clayoquot region has become recognized as a global epicenter for its attempt to reconcile ecological, social, and economic goals. The symposium will take the pulse on what the region has learned since 1995, and how the teachings can inform the next era for integrated management here and elsewhere.
Fifteen years into the implementation of these recommendations, we are running into bottlenecks in implementing a monitoring and adaptive management program, and realizing that there are new management concerns that were not addressed in the original recommendations. This symposium’s primary objective is to reflect on the last 15 years of resource management and plan for the future.
This event will also be a timely opportunity to learn about the last 15 years of ecosystem management implementation in Clayoquot Sound, and a good chance for Clayoquot to learn from newer forms of ecosystem based management in other areas of the Province.
For more information, please contact Mike Davis at 250-725-2536, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by David Brownstein (see all)
- Archival Donation: Western Forest Products - July 26, 2016
- In Celebration of International Day of Forests: A Forest History Archival Donation Guide - March 21, 2015
- The Cloud Will Not Remember Everything Forever: Some Thoughts Prompted by Another Forest History Archival Donation - October 6, 2014
- History mysteries at the Association of BC Forest Professionals Meeting - August 11, 2014
- June is Forest History Month: Special issue of the Forestry Chronicle. - June 6, 2014
- Archival donation: the Dr Hubert William Ferdinand Bunce fonds. - May 26, 2014
- Adventures along the archival commodity chain: the Truck Loggers Convention. - May 2, 2014
- A rare event: forest history on the sports pages. - March 30, 2014
- Book Launch: A History of Forestry in Canada - March 10, 2014
- Announcing another archival donation: the Douglas Rickson fonds. - January 12, 2014