Call for Pitches:
Seeds 2: New Research in Environmental History
A collaboration between NiCHE and Edge Effects
June 1, 2017 July 1, 2017
This series is open to all environmental history graduate students and is closely associated to the American Society for Environmental History Graduate Student Caucus and NiCHE New Scholars Committee.
Interested in telling a story about your research to a broad audience? The digital magazines Edge Effects and NiCHE invite interested graduate students to submit pitches for pieces they would like to publish in our series on new research in environmental history. Please send a short paragraph describing your topic, argument, why your work would be a good fit for either Edge Effects or NiCHE, a social media blurb that would attracts readers, and what images you will use to illustrate and support your claims, along with a short biography. The final pieces will be around 1,000 words. Posts will appear once a month: August 2017 – May 2018.
For examples of prior posts, and for your reading pleasure, all posts in the Seeds 1 Series can be found here.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- The Riley Postdoctoral Fellowship - September 10, 2021
- Call for Papers for Topical Collection: Environment and the Life Sciences - September 10, 2021
- Storytime for the Apocalypse with NiCHE – The Audio - August 25, 2021
- The Pandemic Histories Website is Live! - August 18, 2021
- The Environmental Context of (Settler) Colonialism in Canada - August 5, 2021
- Editors Wanted - July 28, 2021
- “Environments of Exile: Refugees, Nature, and Representations” Program - July 26, 2021
- STREAMS Conference Programme Now Available! - July 21, 2021
- The Environmental Context of Residential Schools - July 9, 2021
- Best Article in Canadian Environmental History Prize: The 2021 Winner! - June 18, 2021