We are thrilled to announce the fourth year of our partnership with the Saskatchewan History and Folklore Society and Folklore magazine, a quarterly print magazine edited by Taryn Goff. We invite ongoing submissions for our Saskatchewan Environmental History series: “Coulees to Muskeg.” Accepted submissions will be published twice: first on our website and then in an upcoming issue of Folklore magazine.
Final submissions should be between 500 and 2,000 words in length. We will consider any environmental history topic that relates to Saskatchewan, including trans-regional and comparative topics. We especially invite contributions that explore the intersection of Saskatchewan environmental history and:
- Climate and Climate Resiliency
- Race and Environment
- Urbanity or Rurality
Please send proposals and/or drafts to Jessica DeWitt, firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be accepted and published on a rolling basis through August 2023.
*Submissions should be between 500 and 2,000 words and include images if possible. Please use Chicago Style endnote citations. Please submit a headshot and bio for use in Folklore magazine. Folklore authors are paid $1.50 per column inch for published submissions, plus a complimentary copy.
Feature Image: Composite of three images from the SHFS Everett Baker collection. From left to right: 4-H show and sale. Eastend. 05/22/1957; Admiral elevator line. Admiral. 08/19/1950; Mr & Mrs George Posnikoff at home. Aneroid. 09/15/1949.
Latest posts by Jessica DeWitt (see all)
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: August 2023 - September 5, 2023
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: July 2023 - August 22, 2023
- NiCHE Conversations Roundup #13 - July 31, 2023
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: June 2023 - July 5, 2023
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: May 2023 - June 6, 2023
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: April 2023 - May 4, 2023
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: March 2023 - April 4, 2023
- NiCHE Conversations Roundup #12 - March 30, 2023
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: February 2023 - March 2, 2023
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: January 2023 - February 8, 2023