Closing Date: June 20, 2022
Full details about the job advertisement are available here.
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at Memorial University invites applications to the highly prestigious Canada Excellence Research Chairs (CERC) Program with specialization in Cultural Heritage Knowledge Integration in Ocean and Maritime Studies. The CERC recipient will be appointed to a full-time tenure-stream faculty position.
The successful candidate will be an established, internationally recognized leader in their field. They will be expected to create an externally funded research program, and provide expertise and leadership in the development of digital infrastructure and methods which foster the long lasting transformation of institutional archives into digital data stores offering new computational modes of access to extensive world-class archival holdings. The candidate should have expertise in one or more areas and fields related to knowledge integration of cultural holdings, such as: archival and information sciences; digital repositories as well as their design and architectures; large scale digitization, data mining, and information retrieval; and linked open data and application programming interfaces. This should be in combination with expertise in digital humanities and on the diverse multi-cultural socio-economic histories of ocean & maritime Indigenous and colonial societies and cultures of the 19th through 21st centuries. The candidate should have a proven record of building collaborative research networks combining archival, historical, computational, and information science methodologies in innovative ways.
Applications for the first stage (to the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences) should be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than June 11, 2022 to allow for sufficient time to meet the CERC Program deadlines (final submission deadline is October 13, 2022). Candidates should submit their completed application in PDF format to Dr. Ailsa Craig, Interim Dean, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL, Canada, A1B 5S7 via email here: charlenes [@] mun.ca. Please quote the reference number F01520-2022-121 in the application and email subject line.
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to reach out with any informal inquiries about this position, our faculty, and the broader community. CERC applications as well as further questions may be addressed to committee chair (Dr. Cory W. Thorne, coryt2 [@] mun.ca) or Interim Dean. The CERC position search committee will also provide a clear outline of the criteria that will be used to evaluate candidates throughout the recruitment/selection process.
This post does not include the entire job advertisement, and anyone interested in applying should consult the full details here.
Feature image: Photo by Erik Mclean on Unsplash
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Welcome the New NiCHE Executive and Editorial Board Members! - December 1, 2022
- Double Your Contribution! Matching Funds for the Next $1500 - November 22, 2022
- What Has NiCHE Done for You Lately? - November 14, 2022
- The Annual Great NiCHE November Fundraising Campaign! - November 1, 2022
- Call for 2023 NiCHE Editors and Executive Committee Members - October 19, 2022
- 2023 NiCHE Prize Call for Submissions - September 26, 2022
- Online Event – Water Knows No Boundaries – Releasing Toxic Tailings “Ponds” Won’t Either - September 22, 2022
- Reversing the Biodiversity Crisis: A Book Release Discussion of Wild by Design - September 9, 2022
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Environmental Humanities – Whitman College, Washington - September 2, 2022
- The Management of Natural Resources and the Environment in Canada: Historical and Transnational Perspectives - August 8, 2022