Call for Papers – ALECC 2022
Deadline Extension: December 1st, 2021
Association for Literature, Environment, and Culture in Canada
Association pour la littérature, l’environnement et la culture au Canada
June 15-19, 2022
University of Saskatchewan
At the heart of Saskatoon, on Treaty 6 territory and the homeland of the Métis.
Currents + Flows
Ecologies, Creativities, and Materials
“water has a syntax / a middle voice”Rita Wong, “Pacific Flow,” Undercurrent
Currents and flows possess material histories and possibilities as they gain expression and traction through figurative language and other signifying forms. River currents. Electrical currents. Air currents with wildfire smoke. Ocean currents. Shipping channels. Ports of call. Finance flows. Pipeline flows. Speculative markets. Speculative fictions. Historical undercurrents. Climate thresholds in current affairs. Toxic flows through watersheds. Narrative streams. Poetic circuits. We invite submissions that explore the environmental humanities, literature, creative writing, and the environmental arts from any perspective. Proposals that engage with these priority areas are encouraged:
- Blue Humanities
- Globalization Studies
- Settler-Colonial Studies
- Disability Studies
- Anti-Racism and Decolonization Activism and Pedagogy
- Energy Studies
- Critical Animal and Plant Studies
- Diaspora and Migration Studies
- Urban Studies
- Media Studies
For 2022, we have implemented a new approach, using forums. Please see the conference website for details:
- For more information about ALECC, please visit our website at https://alecc.ca/.
- General queries for the organizing committee may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feature Image: “College Building at Dawn on the University of Saskatchewan campus” by University of Saskatchewan is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.
Latest posts by Jennifer Schell (see all)
- CFP – ALECC 2022: Association for Literature, Environment, and Culture in Canada - September 24, 2021