ASEH Graduate Caucus Presents a
Call for Participants
Proposal Deadline: February 21, 2018
Twitter Conference Dates: March 8 and 9th, 2018
Co-Sponsored by Network in Canadian History and Environment (NiCHE) and the NiCHE New Scholars Committee
Members of the ASEH Graduate Caucus and broader environmental history community are invited to participate in an accompanying Twitter conference to happen one week before the American Society for Environmental History 2018 meeting in Riverside, California (March 14-18, 2018).
This Twitter Conference will provide:
– Increased visibility and publicity for environmental history, ASEH 2018, and its presenters.
– Increased interaction with the public and other scholars.
– A chance for individuals unable to attend ASEH 2018 to participate in the conference.
Two Types of Presentations will be considered:
– ASEH Presenters are invited to condense their ASEH 2018 papers and posters into an 8 to 10 Tweet thread.
– Individuals unable to attend ASEH are welcome to pitch original research to be presented in an 8 to 10 Tweet thread.
* Thirty minutes per presenter (~15 minutes for presentation tweets/~15 minutes for questions and comments)
* Maximum 24 presenters will be accepted.
All Twitter presentations/threads will be made into Twitter moments, which will be retweeted during the ASEH meeting the following week, March 14-18th.
This Twitter conference will follow the model exemplified by the seminal Beyond 150: Telling Our Stories conference held this past August. Visit @Beyond150CA and #beyond150ca on Twitter or the conference website https://beyond150ca.wordpress.com/ for examples.
How to Submit a Proposal:
ASEH 2018 Presenters: Please send a one-page CV and the name and time of your ASEH 2018 presentation/poster and panel.
Other Presenters: Send a One-Page CV and a 200 word abstract.
PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/3JiBWx1yk66U52As2
Any questions can be directed to Jessica DeWitt, ASEH Grad Caucus Media Officer, at email@example.com or @JessicaMDeWitt on Twitter.
Latest posts by Jessica DeWitt (see all)
- Call for Submissions – Parks and Profit - February 25, 2021
- NiCHE Conversations Roundup #3 - February 24, 2021
- ‘Parks Are Not for Profit,’ or Park Mythology and White Denial - February 4, 2021
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: January 2021 - February 2, 2021
- NiCHE Conversations Roundup #2 - January 14, 2021
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: December 2020 - January 12, 2021
- 20/20: A Look Back at NiCHE’s Past Year in Images - January 4, 2021
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: November 2020 - December 9, 2020
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: October 2020 - November 6, 2020
- NiCHE Conversations Roundup #1 - November 5, 2020