The Canadian History & Environment series is the product of a partnership between University of Calgary Press and NiCHE. Four great edited collections have already been published and four more are in development.
And we are looking for more.
The series consists of edited collections that explore the relationships between people and nature in Canada’s past; books may be thematically, regionally, or comparatively based. The series is historically focused, but of special interest are proposals that utilize historical sources and methodologies to explore current environmental issues.
We welcome submissions from individuals or teams wishing to develop and edit an individual volume. The volume editor(s) will be expected to offer an introduction and conclusion, and to encourage the substantive integration of chapters. If interested in developing a volume for the series, please contact series editor Alan MacEachern at email@example.com or University of Calgary Press at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Alan MacEachern (see all)
- NiCHE @ 20 - November 20, 2023
- Job – Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Sustainability & the Social, Western University - August 2, 2023
- Online Event – Firebreak: How the Maine-New Brunswick Border Defined the 1825 Miramichi Fire - May 17, 2023
- Storms of a Century: Fiona (2022) & Five (1923) - November 10, 2022
- Climate at the Speed of Weather - October 5, 2021
- Restricted Clientele! Everyday Racism in Canadian National Parks - September 9, 2020
- Material World: Exhibiting the Anthropocene - May 4, 2020
- CHESS 2020 ~ keep the dates! - October 4, 2019
- Well-Grounded - July 10, 2019
- ICEHO Bulletin 19 - March 28, 2019