Aka “Two for the Price of Two. Or One. Or None.”
With the recent publication of two collections – Mining and Communities in Northern Canada: History, Politics, and Memory, edited by Arn Keeling and John Sandlos, and Canadian Countercultures and the Environment, edited by Colin M. Coates – the Canadian History & Environment Series at the University of Calgary Press has doubled its output. Congratulations to the editors and all the contributors on seeing their work through. Congratulations to the Press and to … me – editor of the series, in full disclosure.
And congratulations to readers. Not only are these two great books on underdeveloped strands of Canadian and environmental history, but the entire series, created in partnership between University of Calgary Press and NiCHE, has been trendsetting since its inception: all titles are published simultaneously in print and free open-access form. (Just look for that “Free PDF” tab.) So check out the two new titles, and buy both. Or one. Or none. (And check out the first two books in the series: Historical GIS Research in Canada, edited by Jennifer Bonnell and Marcel Fortin, and A Century of Parks Canada, 1911-2011, edited by Claire E. Campbell.)
And if you are interested in spearheading a new edited collection for the series, let me know. The Press and I are looking for more great collections of work that bridges history and environment.
Latest posts by Alan MacEachern (see all)
- NiCHE @ 20 - November 20, 2023
- Job – Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Sustainability & the Social, Western University - August 2, 2023
- Online Event – Firebreak: How the Maine-New Brunswick Border Defined the 1825 Miramichi Fire - May 17, 2023
- Storms of a Century: Fiona (2022) & Five (1923) - November 10, 2022
- Climate at the Speed of Weather - October 5, 2021
- Restricted Clientele! Everyday Racism in Canadian National Parks - September 9, 2020
- Material World: Exhibiting the Anthropocene - May 4, 2020
- CHESS 2020 ~ keep the dates! - October 4, 2019
- Well-Grounded - July 10, 2019
- ICEHO Bulletin 19 - March 28, 2019