Presenting The Whelp, a review column for The Otter ~ La loutre:
The editors of The Otter ~ La loutre, the NiCHE group blog, are pleased to announce that the blog is accepting reviews for a new monthly column on Canadian environmental history. Reviews of books and other media will help to provide researchers and educators, who work at the intersection of nature and history, with up to date information on recently published works in Canadian environmental history (2010+).
Book reviews must be 750-1000 words in length. Reviewers can be at any stage in their academic and professional careers (public historians, graduate students, associate professors, etc). In addition to having the opportunity to contribute to The Otter ~ La loutre, all reviewers will receive complementary copies of the books being reviewed.
If you are interested in reviewing recent publications in Canadian environmental history please contact Denny Brett at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Environmental Humanities – Postdoctoral Fellowship, Literature, Film, or Cultural Studies – Lakehead University, Orillia - May 29, 2022
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Indian Ocean World Studies – Bourse postdoctorale en études du monde de l’océan Indien - May 20, 2022
- Best Book in Canadian Environmental History Prize: The 2022 Winner - May 19, 2022
- Job: Chair in Cultural Heritage Knowledge Integration in Ocean and Maritime Studies - May 18, 2022
- Online Event – The Pleasure of the Dawn Chorus: Preserving the Pandemic Soundscape - April 6, 2022
- The Ways We Work: Oily Entanglements - April 6, 2022
- Call for Papers: Animals and Imagery in the Ancient and Medieval World - March 22, 2022
- Climate Warnings: The Power of Canadian Environmental Art, Literature and Creative Activism - March 14, 2022
- A Panel Discussion with Laura Moss, Warren Cariou, Stephen Collis, and Rita Wong on Art, Activism, and Climate Change - March 11, 2022
- Online Event – Participatory Ontology and the Aesthetics of Nature: The Artistic Tradition of Disrupting Anthropocentricism - February 21, 2022