Upcoming Darwin events: February 12th, 2009, marks the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin’s birth, and 2009 the 150th anniversary of The Origin of Species. Carleton University has organized a number of talks to celebrate the work of Darwin and assess his legacy. Invited speakers include Professor David Livingstone of Queen’s University, Belfast (author of Putting Science in its Place: Geographies of Scientific Knowledge); his talk is slated for February 11th.
You can read more about the events in the official poster.
Featured image: Book Illustration from Charles Darwin’s De la variation des animaux et des plantes, Tome 1, pg 158. Accessed via Wikimedia Commons.
Latest posts by Laura Jean Cameron (see all)
- Canopy: An Interview with Laura Jean Cameron - April 2, 2019
- Recollecting 1975: The British-Canadian Symposium on Historical Geography in Kingston, Ontario - February 18, 2013
- Techno-natures 2012: Geography & History Exchange - November 12, 2012
- A Weekend of Percussive Sounds Of & In The Environment - May 6, 2012
- Flying University of Transnational Humanities July 15-18, 2012 - February 17, 2012
- Kiitos and Mosquitoes: Cameron reports from the 6th ESEH Conference in Turku, Finland - July 3, 2011
- Fashioning Feathers: Dead Birds, Millinery Crafts and the Plumage Trade - May 10, 2011
- Radical History Review’s Special Issue on Transnational Environments - August 5, 2010
- Animals & Animality Across the Humanities and Social Sciences: An Interdisciplinary Coming-Together - July 8, 2010
- Winners Announced for Signs of the Season Photo Contest! - May 10, 2010