Nature’s Past Episode 23 – click to play | right click, ‘save as’ to download
At the end of April 2011, a group of more than 40 researchers in the fields of Canadian environmental history and historical geography met for an extraordinary workshop in Burlington, Ontario called EH Plus: Writing the Next Chapter of Canadian Environmental History, hosted by the Network in Canadian History and Environment and the Wilson Institute for Canadian History.
All of the participants were required to write short one-page statements on the field of Canadian environmental history and its future prospects. Those statements were then posted to the Network in Canadian History and Environment website and circulated in advance of the meeting. Over the course of two and a half days, the participants met to discuss those statements along with three commissioned papers. Those papers focused on three themes: the state of Canadian environmental history in Canada, the state of the field internationally, and the role of environmental history research in public policy formation.
On this episode of the podcast, we speak with some of the participants from EH Plus.
Please be sure to take a moment and review this podcast on our iTunes page.
- Merle Massie
- Josh MacFadyen
- Jay Young
- Linnea Rowlatt
- Claire Campbell
- Jim Clifford
Kheraj, Sean. “Episode 23: The Next Chapter of Canadian Environmental History” Nature’s Past. 26 May 2011
Latest posts by Sean Kheraj (see all)
- Nature’s Past Episode 68: Home and Environment - May 11, 2020
- Energy and Modern Canada Round Table Live - April 17, 2020
- Energy and Modern Canada Round Table Live Friday, April 17 - April 13, 2020
- ASEH 2020 Cancelled (Please Donate) - March 11, 2020
- Nature’s Past Episode 67: Science, Technology, and the Modern - March 2, 2020
- 2020 Melville-Nelles-Hoffmann Lecture in Environmental History: Eve Buckley - March 2, 2020
- ASEH 2020: A Listener’s Guide to Canadian #EnvHist - January 20, 2020
- Top 5 Posts of 2019 - January 1, 2020
- Canada Has Never Had a Leak-Proof Oil Pipeline - December 16, 2019
- Nature’s Past Episode 66: Communicating Toxic Legacies - October 16, 2019