Nature’s Past Episode 23 – click to play | right click, ‘save as’ to download
At the end of April 2011, a group of more than 40 researchers in the fields of Canadian environmental history and historical geography met for an extraordinary workshop in Burlington, Ontario called EH Plus: Writing the Next Chapter of Canadian Environmental History, hosted by the Network in Canadian History and Environment and the Wilson Institute for Canadian History.
All of the participants were required to write short one-page statements on the field of Canadian environmental history and its future prospects. Those statements were then posted to the Network in Canadian History and Environment website and circulated in advance of the meeting. Over the course of two and a half days, the participants met to discuss those statements along with three commissioned papers. Those papers focused on three themes: the state of Canadian environmental history in Canada, the state of the field internationally, and the role of environmental history research in public policy formation.
On this episode of the podcast, we speak with some of the participants from EH Plus.
Please be sure to take a moment and review this podcast on our iTunes page.
- Merle Massie
- Josh MacFadyen
- Jay Young
- Linnea Rowlatt
- Claire Campbell
- Jim Clifford
Kheraj, Sean. “Episode 23: The Next Chapter of Canadian Environmental History” Nature’s Past. 26 May 2011
Latest posts by Sean Kheraj (see all)
- Nature’s Past Episode 59: Introducing Papers in Canadian History and Environment - February 20, 2018
- Culpability and Canada’s Anthropocene: A Response - January 29, 2018
- Nature’s Past Episode 58: The Past and Future of Canadian Environmental History - November 30, 2017
- Nature’s Past Episode 57: Why Study Canada? - September 13, 2017
- CHESS 2017 Reflections: Acknowledging People and the Land - June 8, 2017
- Nature’s Past Episode 56: Animal Metropolis - May 29, 2017
- 2017 Melville-Nelles-Hoffmann Lecture in Environmental History: Sara Pritchard - March 27, 2017
- The Otter~La loutre: Top Five Posts of 2016 - January 5, 2017
- Nature’s Past Episode 55: Asbestos Mining and Environmental Health - November 30, 2016
- Indigenous Voices and Resistance in Oil Pipeline History: The Dene Tha’ and the Norman Wells Pipeline - November 18, 2016