Event Date: Mar 22 2010 – Mar 23 2010
Event Website: Event Webpage
City: Vancouver, BC
Primary Contact Name: Sean Kheraj
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next week the Nature|History|Society group at UBC will be hosting another special event in environmental history. This term’s event features Dr. Dean Bavington from Nipissing University. On Monday, March 22nd Dr. Bavington will be giving a public lecture about the history of cod fishery management in Newfoundland based on his forthcoming book Managed Annihilation: An Unnatural History of the Newfoundland Cod Collapse. The following day, he will participate in a special seminar for faculty and graduate students to discuss this research in more detail.
For all the information on this event, please download a copy of this event poster.
Monday, March 22, 2010:
A public lecture by Dr. Dean Bavington:
“Managed Annihilation: An Unnatural History of the Newfoundland Cod Collapse”
Geography Building Rm. 201
Tuesday, March 23, 2010:
The Department of History will host a special seminar to discuss Dr. Bavington’s research on fisheries management in Newfoundland.
All faculty and graduate students are invited to participate. Email email@example.com for readings.
Buchanan Tower 1206/1207
Latest posts by Sean Kheraj (see all)
- Nature’s Past Episode 57: Why Study Canada? - September 13, 2017
- CHESS 2017 Reflections: Acknowledging People and the Land - June 8, 2017
- Nature’s Past Episode 56: Animal Metropolis - May 29, 2017
- 2017 Melville-Nelles-Hoffmann Lecture in Environmental History: Sara Pritchard - March 27, 2017
- The Otter~La loutre: Top Five Posts of 2016 - January 5, 2017
- Nature’s Past Episode 55: Asbestos Mining and Environmental Health - November 30, 2016
- Indigenous Voices and Resistance in Oil Pipeline History: The Dene Tha’ and the Norman Wells Pipeline - November 18, 2016
- CHESS 2016 Reflections: Reconciliation and Environment - August 3, 2016
- The Nature of Confederation - July 7, 2016
- Nature’s Past Episode 53: The Social and Environmental History of Hamilton Harbour - May 26, 2016