Event Date: Mar 22 2010 – Mar 23 2010
Event Website: Event Webpage
City: Vancouver, BC
Primary Contact Name: Sean Kheraj
Contact Email: email@example.com
Next week the Nature|History|Society group at UBC will be hosting another special event in environmental history. This term’s event features Dr. Dean Bavington from Nipissing University. On Monday, March 22nd Dr. Bavington will be giving a public lecture about the history of cod fishery management in Newfoundland based on his forthcoming book Managed Annihilation: An Unnatural History of the Newfoundland Cod Collapse. The following day, he will participate in a special seminar for faculty and graduate students to discuss this research in more detail.
For all the information on this event, please download a copy of this event poster.
Monday, March 22, 2010:
A public lecture by Dr. Dean Bavington:
“Managed Annihilation: An Unnatural History of the Newfoundland Cod Collapse”
Geography Building Rm. 201
Tuesday, March 23, 2010:
The Department of History will host a special seminar to discuss Dr. Bavington’s research on fisheries management in Newfoundland.
All faculty and graduate students are invited to participate. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for readings.
Buchanan Tower 1206/1207
Latest posts by Sean Kheraj (see all)
- Nature’s Past Episode 68: Home and Environment - May 11, 2020
- Energy and Modern Canada Round Table Live - April 17, 2020
- Energy and Modern Canada Round Table Live Friday, April 17 - April 13, 2020
- ASEH 2020 Cancelled (Please Donate) - March 11, 2020
- Nature’s Past Episode 67: Science, Technology, and the Modern - March 2, 2020
- 2020 Melville-Nelles-Hoffmann Lecture in Environmental History: Eve Buckley - March 2, 2020
- ASEH 2020: A Listener’s Guide to Canadian #EnvHist - January 20, 2020
- Top 5 Posts of 2019 - January 1, 2020
- Canada Has Never Had a Leak-Proof Oil Pipeline - December 16, 2019
- Nature’s Past Episode 66: Communicating Toxic Legacies - October 16, 2019