The 2nd World Congress of Environmental History (WCEH) will be held from 7-14 July 2014. Submissions are now being received, at www.wceh2014.org for this important international meeting, to be hosted by the University of Minho and the International Council of Environmental History Organizations, in the attractive northern Portuguese city of Guimarães.
The conference language is English. The organizers welcome proposals from all disciplines that address any aspect of environmental history in any historical period.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 9 September 2013 [extended]
Decisions will be communicated by the end of November, 2013.
We encourage proposals in the following formats: INDIVIDUAL PAPERS; PANELS; ROUNDTABLES; POSTERS; and ALTERNATIVE FORMS of presentation.
Panel proposals are welcome, but there will be no systemic disadvantage for individual paper proposals. Individuals will not generally be allowed to present more than one paper, or to participate in more than one roundtable on the program.
FURTHER DETAILS AND DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS CAN BE FOUND AT THE ‘SUBMISSION AND ACCEPTANCE OF PROPOSALS’ SECTION OF THE CONFERENCE WEBSITE, WHICH ALSO OFFERS A PORTAL FOR THE ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS ETC.
Program Committee Chair,
Update: NiCHE is offering travel funding for a limited number of new scholars. See the announcementfor more details.
Latest posts by Josh MacFadyen (see all)
- The Fir Trade in Canada: Mapping Commodity Flows on Railways - October 8, 2020
- Other Plans: Development and Agriculture in Prince Edward Island - June 27, 2019
- Go Big or Go Spruce - April 2, 2018
- Will it Play in Peoria, Alberta? - January 22, 2018
- Weather Markets: A Business Case for Environmental History - May 17, 2017
- Enseigner les SIG historiques et restaurer les communautés perdues en classe - May 1, 2017
- Teaching Historical GIS and Restoring Lost Communities in the Classroom - November 1, 2016
- Why We Don’t Unsubscribe from Place: Digital Networks and Mobility - October 13, 2015
- Cold Cases: Hypothermia before, and after, Stonechild - October 27, 2014
- Old Weather and the New Climate of the Arctic - April 30, 2014