Call for Writing Support Programme 2024
ESEH NEXTGATe is launching the 4th round of the Writing Support Programme for emerging scholars in Environmental History and the Environmental Humanities
We invite early career authors (ECR-s) to submit a proposal for a draft article or book chapter and join a series of monthly workshops in whichthey receive hands-on feedback on their ongoing work from invited established scholars and ECR peers. The purposes of the group discussions are to advance the writing process, to boost productivity and to strengthen the community of environmental historians.
How Does it Work?
Chaired by Prof. Andrea Gaynor, from The University of Western Australia, the workshop sessions are organized online on a monthly basis from late January to June. Draft papers are pre-circulated at least ten days in advance of each session and all participants are expected to provide feedback. Each session discusses two papers and lasts 1.5 hours (45 minutes per paper).
A look at last year’s round is available in this social media post.
ESEH NEXTGATe is looking for:
– Early Career Researchers (ECRs broadly understood, including graduate, post-graduate, PhD students and non-tenured researchers) in Environmental History, willing to share an article or book chapter in progress, of no more than 10,000 words, and to offer feedback in their turn, committing to participate in at least four sessions.
To submit a proposal, please send an email by 12th of December to Monica Vasile at i.vasile [at] maastrichtuniversity.nl including the following information:
- name and affiliation;
- type of publication you’d like to workshop (article or chapter; the intended publication venue);
- working title;
- abstract of the planned article/chapter (max. 250 words);
- time zone you are in;
- months you would be available to present (from Jan to June).
Please note that spaces are limited, in order to keep the number of sessions to a maximum of six. Participants from previous rounds are eligible, although we will prioritize first-time applicants. We expect to notify the applicants by the end of December.
The Programme is coordinated by:
Andrea Gaynor, Tanja Riekkinen, Monica Vasile.
Feel free to contact Monica Vasile (i.vasile [at] maastrichtuniversity.nl) for further information.
Feature Image: “In writing” by matsuyuki is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0.
Latest posts by Monica Vasile (see all)
- Call for Writing Support Programme 2024 – ESEH NEXTGATe - November 27, 2023
- Incest at the Zoo: Saving and (in)Breeding the Przewalski’s Horse - August 16, 2021