Riley Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canadian History – 2022
University of Winnipeg
The Department of History at The University of Winnipeg invites qualified candidates to apply for the one-year Riley Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Canadian History. Application Deadline: 1 November 2021. Position Start: 1 January 2022. Value of award: $45,000 (plus benefits), and $2,000 for travel and research expenses. Riley Postdoctoral Fellows are expected to reside in Winnipeg for the duration of the award. For application details see: Guidelines and application details
The H. Sanford Riley Fellowship in Canadian History promotes public engagement with the study of Canada’s history at the University of Winnipeg and in the wider community. The Fellowship is made possible by a generous endowment from H. Sanford (Sandy) Riley of Winnipeg, an enthusiastic student of Canada’s history. He is a former Chancellor of the University of Winnipeg and a key supporter of Canada’s National History Society. The Fellowship is a component of the H. Sanford Riley Centre for Canadian History.
The University of Winnipeg is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research environments, and is essential to academic and institutional excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Feature Image: Winnipeg, Manitoba, 1880. Library and Archives Canada.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Welcome the New NiCHE Executive and Editorial Board Members! - December 1, 2022
- Double Your Contribution! Matching Funds for the Next $1500 - November 22, 2022
- What Has NiCHE Done for You Lately? - November 14, 2022
- The Annual Great NiCHE November Fundraising Campaign! - November 1, 2022
- Call for 2023 NiCHE Editors and Executive Committee Members - October 19, 2022
- 2023 NiCHE Prize Call for Submissions - September 26, 2022
- Online Event – Water Knows No Boundaries – Releasing Toxic Tailings “Ponds” Won’t Either - September 22, 2022
- Reversing the Biodiversity Crisis: A Book Release Discussion of Wild by Design - September 9, 2022
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Environmental Humanities – Whitman College, Washington - September 2, 2022
- The Management of Natural Resources and the Environment in Canada: Historical and Transnational Perspectives - August 8, 2022