NiCHE is pleased to announce the “Envisioning Canadian Energy Landscapes” image contest, and invites submissions from NiCHE members for “best historical image” and “best contemporary image” of a Canadian energy landscape.
We envision a range of potential submission possibilities in each category, including photographs, artwork, posters, and maps (pretty much any kind of ‘landscape’ that you think captures an important aspect of Canada’s historic or current relationship with energy).
The submissions should be submitted as jpegs and should include a brief description (200 words max) of the image in question including its origin, when it was produced (or roughly when if the date is not given), and if possible for what purpose. Also, please indicate whether you are submitting for the historical or contemporary category, and please submit just one entry (i.e. please do not submit more than one image or submit images in both categories). Contestants are also responsible for ensuring that they have copyright permission for the use of their images in this contest.
Send your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner in each category will receive a copy of Richard Unger and John Thistle’s Energy Consumption in Canada in the 19th and 20th Centuries (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, 2013), and the top 3 images in each category will be featured on the NiCHE website.
Submissions will be accepted until March 30, 2016.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Canada’s First Oil Boom: Kerosene Lighting in Canada, 1846-1920 - May 18, 2023
- Petrolias, Then & Now: Exploring Change & Continuity in the Ethics of Extraction - May 18, 2023
- Online Event – Decolonizing Ourselves: Legislating Broken Promises, Past and Present - May 1, 2023
- CFC – The Routledge Handbook of Health and Environmental Humanities - February 22, 2023
- WEBINAR: Supporting Modern Environmental Research with Digital Primary Sources - February 2, 2023
- Call for Papers – Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History, WCEH4 2024 - January 23, 2023
- Top Five Posts of 2022 - January 4, 2023
- Open Call for Authors “Future Directions in Environmental History” - December 13, 2022
- Welcome the New NiCHE Executive and Editorial Board Members! - December 1, 2022
- Double Your Contribution! Matching Funds for the Next $1500 - November 22, 2022
We can’t submit in both categories? How can I choose just one?! /tears hair
I agree this is a tough decision; maybe submit one under your pen name, Claire? I can’t wait to see the contest results!