NiCHE is pleased to announce the “Envisioning Canadian Energy Landscapes” image contest, and invites submissions from NiCHE members for “best historical image” and “best contemporary image” of a Canadian energy landscape.
We envision a range of potential submission possibilities in each category, including photographs, artwork, posters, and maps (pretty much any kind of ‘landscape’ that you think captures an important aspect of Canada’s historic or current relationship with energy).
The submissions should be submitted as jpegs and should include a brief description (200 words max) of the image in question including its origin, when it was produced (or roughly when if the date is not given), and if possible for what purpose. Also, please indicate whether you are submitting for the historical or contemporary category, and please submit just one entry (i.e. please do not submit more than one image or submit images in both categories). Contestants are also responsible for ensuring that they have copyright permission for the use of their images in this contest.
Send your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner in each category will receive a copy of Richard Unger and John Thistle’s Energy Consumption in Canada in the 19th and 20th Centuries (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, 2013), and the top 3 images in each category will be featured on the NiCHE website.
Submissions will be accepted until March 30, 2016.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Thank You To Our Supporters! - December 4, 2023
- Call for Applicants – Lillian Agnes Jones Scholarship - December 4, 2023
- Online Event – Animal Welfare Movement in Estonia Before World War II - December 1, 2023
- Job – Assistant Professor, Environmental History, University of Northern British Columbia - December 1, 2023
- Bingeable Series: NiCHE Compilations of Otter Posts - November 27, 2023
- The next $6,600 in donations will be matched! Double the impact of your support for NiCHE. - November 16, 2023
- Hybrid Event – Green Development or Greenwashing? Environmental Histories of Finland - November 15, 2023
- Announcing the NiCHE Merchandise Store! - November 10, 2023
- Job – Postdoctoral Researcher: Roosevelt Institute for American Studies - November 10, 2023
- November for NiCHE – 2023 Fundraising Campaign - November 1, 2023