Troy Vettesse (NYU) would like to put together a panel on Canadian comparative histories, Alberta, or energy for the CHA meeting in Calgary next year. His own work is on the comparative history of synthetic fuels, with case studies on the Albertan tar sands, Colorado’s oil shale, and German and South African programmes for the hydrogenation of coal.
Please contact Troy directly if interested. The deadline for submitting panels is October 15, 2015.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- STREAMS Conference Programme Now Available! - July 21, 2021
- The Environmental Context of Residential Schools - July 9, 2021
- Best Article in Canadian Environmental History Prize: The 2021 Winner! - June 18, 2021
- Monitoring and Evaluating Climate Communication and Education (MECCE) Project Regional Hub Launch - June 9, 2021
- Heritage Trees & Gay Cruising in the 1980s - June 7, 2021
- Virtual Event: Storytime for the Apocalypse with NiCHE - May 19, 2021
- Recognizing Environmental History When We See It - April 21, 2021
- Live Stream: New Books in the Nature | History | Society series published by UBC Press - April 19, 2021
- Live Stream: What’s Next for Canadian Environmental History? - April 9, 2021
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Animal Welfare/History) - April 9, 2021