Troy Vettesse (NYU) would like to put together a panel on Canadian comparative histories, Alberta, or energy for the CHA meeting in Calgary next year. His own work is on the comparative history of synthetic fuels, with case studies on the Albertan tar sands, Colorado’s oil shale, and German and South African programmes for the hydrogenation of coal.
Please contact Troy directly if interested. The deadline for submitting panels is October 15, 2015.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Transforming Brown to Green: Environmental Organizing in Toronto in the 1970s - January 11, 2021
- 2020 Year In Review - December 22, 2020
- The NiCHE Wikipedia Page Needs an Update! - November 20, 2020
- Subscribe to the New Monthly NiCHE Newsletter! - November 12, 2020
- 2021 NiCHE Prize Announcement - September 16, 2020
- CFP: Discard Studies Twitter Conference - September 10, 2020
- CFP – Environments of Exile: Refugees, Nature, and Representations - September 4, 2020
- CFP: Fighting Scarcity and Creating Abundance - July 30, 2020
- Ten Books to Contextualize Environmental Racism - July 8, 2020
- Call for Contributors: Research and Writing in the Time of COVID-19 - June 12, 2020