Troy Vettesse (NYU) would like to put together a panel on Canadian comparative histories, Alberta, or energy for the CHA meeting in Calgary next year. His own work is on the comparative history of synthetic fuels, with case studies on the Albertan tar sands, Colorado’s oil shale, and German and South African programmes for the hydrogenation of coal.
Please contact Troy directly if interested. The deadline for submitting panels is October 15, 2015.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Live Stream: What’s Next for Canadian Environmental History? - April 9, 2021
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Animal Welfare/History) - April 9, 2021
- Public Lecture: Edward Jones-Imhotep, Histories from Broken Worlds - March 19, 2021
- Public Lecture: James Scott - February 23, 2021
- Call for Papers: The 2051 Munich Climate Conference - February 19, 2021
- Call for Papers: Environmental Crises in the Indian Ocean World since 1800 - February 15, 2021
- Transforming Brown to Green: Environmental Organizing in Toronto in the 1970s - January 11, 2021
- 2020 Year In Review - December 22, 2020
- The NiCHE Wikipedia Page Needs an Update! - November 20, 2020
- Subscribe to the New Monthly NiCHE Newsletter! - November 12, 2020